|Job Title||Business Office Manager – Orthopedics – Medical Center|
|Location||Medical Center, TX 77030|
Do you desire a rewarding role with a great organization?
Do you want a job that's not just a job?
Seeking job fulfillment in a position that will make an impact on others lives?
If so, we want to hear from you!
UT Physicians is committed to providing the best that medicine has to offer with quality care that incorporates the latest medical treatments and innovations and the most up-to-date technology.
With more than 1000 physicians certified in 80 medical specialties and subspecialties, UT Physicians is a prestigious organization located in the Houston Medical Center and surrounding areas providing multi-specialty care for the entire family. We help patients needing urgent, highly specialized or complex care and also provides high-quality, wellness-oriented primary care for routine illnesses, and maintenance of good health.
Our doctors are internationally recognized for leading-edge medical research and treatment. Many are among the Woodward-White “Best Doctors in America.” They are national leaders in research, education and clinical excellence.
We are looking for a Business Office Manager to join our team in our Orthopedic office at our Woodlands location!
Business Office Manager – Orthopedics – The Woodlands
Responsibilities (direct or oversight):
· Assist front office staff in developing and implementing short and long-term work plans and objectives
· Develop guidelines for prioritizing work activities, evaluating effectiveness and modifying activities as necessary to ensure appropriate staffing levels are maintained
· Provide timely coaching and feedback to staff on fulfillment of job duties and patient services
· Schedule appropriate coverage for the front office team and managing time off requests
· Supervise the front office team and back office team
· Prepare and give performance appraisals and evaluations for the front and back office teams
· Train all new front desk personnel
· Maintain Front Desk Operations Manual to ensure that it is updated and current
· Provide quality service and care to patients
· Display excellent customer service and professionalism every day
· Schedule patient appointments, make reminder calls to patients, and reschedule patients
· Enter and update demographics in computer system for files and to process patient billings
· Prepare clinic charts
· Verify insurance coverage, co-pays, and referrals
· Order office supplies and monitors inventory
· Maintain front office equipment and ensure that supplies are available
· Check patients out after visit
· Enter all charges and payments into system
· Room patients when needed.
· Answer incoming calls
· Balance petty cash/cash change fund and ROA to deposit
· Prepare transaction journal and send to billing department and provide copy of receipts to Bookkeeper/AP
· Print super bills
· Oversee any corrections needed for billing purposes at the direction of the Sr. Clinic Manager
· Increases and maintains communication between personnel and medical staff
· Communicates with the Sr. Clinic Manager on the major issues that are occurring with the general referrals and both the specialty and general front desk
· Provides support to the physicians as needed
· High school diploma or GED equivalent
· 3-5 years supervisory or Team Lead experience over medical front desk and back office operations in a clinical environment is required.
· Understanding of medical, CPT and ICD coding terminology
· Understanding of insurance and handling co-pays, coinsurance, deductibles, and out of pocket.
In exchange for your dedication you can expect a competitive salary, sincere appreciation for your work and a beautiful, "family-like" working environment unlike any other. We offer a competitive salary along with a comprehensive benefits package that includes paid time off, medical, dental, vision and a 401-K retirement matching. We value our employees’ time and efforts. Plus, we work to maintain the best possible environment for our employees, where people can learn and grow with the company. We strive to provide a collaborative, creative environment where each person feels encouraged to contribute to our processes, decisions, planning and culture.