Job SummaryThe MEP Project Manager/Superintendent II is responsible for the daily management, supervision and coordination of the mechanical, electrical, plumbing, fire protection and elevator subcontractors, and successful completion of construction projects to meet time and cost objectives with respect to contracting, scheduling, estimating, bidding and contract administration functions. MEP Project Manager/Superintendent II is capable of simultaneously handling multiple less complex projects or single projects. Be knowledgeable on all building systems.
Provide overall on-site field administration. supervision, and technical management for all construction operations, including direct supervision of assistants, foremen, trade/subcontractors, and other construction-related personnel, directing them in the planning, coordination, and execution of work on time, within budget, attaining or exceeding profit goals. maintaining a safe workplace, promoting and enhancing client relationships and the company image.
Essential Job Functions, Duties and ResponsibilitiesThe following statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities and skills required of personnel so classified.
- Support senior project manager with coordination and direction of the budget estimating, purchasing, engineering, accounting, cost and construction functions as they relate to the completion of the project.
- Develop, review, approve and implement project budgets, schedules and contract bid documents. Have effective negotiating skills for contract awards and resolving trade disputes.
- Conduct or assist senior project manager with buy-out meeting and prepare trade contracts/subcontracts.
- Initiate, establish and maintain working relationships with owner, architect, engineer, and trade/subcontractors to facilitate construction activities. Organize, conduct and represent the company at project coordination meetings at regular agreed upon intervals.
- Have complete knowledge of the general contract, trade contract and subcontract documents.
- Ensure timely project completion through project scheduling, expediting material deliveries, and the management of material and document submittals and approvals.
- Will review and approve requisitions.
- May negotiate. prepare. issue and execute change orders (proposals) between Bovis and owners and Bovis and trade/subcontractors. May prepare revisions to the original budget as a result of changes and revisions to the work.
- Prepare and issue monthly owner progress reports, monthly pay applications, schedules and cost reports in coordination with the superintendent.
- Establish and monitor administrative procedures for the project. These procedures are to conform to established policies and procedures of the company.
- Assure that individuals, whose functions require knowledge and understanding of the general contract. trade contract and subcontract requirements, receive and understand the information.
- Keep informed and ensure that all requirements of insurance, safety, labor relations, and Equal Employment Opportunity are met.
- Provide organization, direction and training of subordinate project team members.
- Develop and maintain business relationships with owners. architect/engineers and trade/subcontractors for marketing.
- Support and implement the company’s TQM program.
- Assist with the training and development of subordinates for advancement.
- Lead and participate in regularly scheduled staff meetings.
- Participate and follow up on subordinate Personal Development Plans.
- Manage the closeout process.
- Obtain T.C.O.
- Commission and train building operators in building systems.
- Assist with the supervision and responsibility that the total construction effort is constructed in accordance with design, budget. and schedule. Includes becoming familiar with client, owner, engineer, local authorities, building inspectors, and trade/subcontractor representatives.
- Assist with planning, coordination and supervision of on-site functions (scheduling, engineering, material control, etc.), in addition to performing and/or monitoring job site control measures (daily reports. labor payroll, quality reports, accident reports, etc.)
- Assist with the supervision of trade/subcontractors as required by contract. Constantly review field production, analyze and improve where necessary.
- Assist with providing technical assistance (i.e., interpretation of drawings, recommend construction methods and equipment, etc.) as required.
- Assist with performing daily and weekly reviews of jobsite activities and establish action plans for all short- and long-term needs.
- Assist with ensuring that all on-site personnel comply with project procedures, safety program requirements. work rules, etc. Document all violations, notify project management, recommend and implement corrective actions as required.
- Assume responsibility for productivity of trade/subcontractors, efficient use of materials and equipment, and contractual performance of the project.
- Prepare labor rates and unit price sheets for all mechanical trades
- Have LEED certification and manage Green building standards.
||1. Four-year degree in an accredited construction related curriculum (BSCE, BSCM, BSAE, etc.) or experience equivalent to a four-year degree.
2. Minimum three to five years experience as MEP Project Manager/Super I or at least ten years construction-related experience.
3. Demonstrated proficiency in these areas: estimating, scheduling, budgeting/cost control, field supervision, financial reporting, client relationship, interpersonal skills, computer skills, safety/insurance, ability to communicate, both written and oral.
4. Demonstrated success understanding the skills of a superintendent.
5. Proficient in personal computer-based scheduling and spreadsheet applications.
6. Demonstrated success in management of projects with a construction value between $10 - 40 million.
7. Mastery of superintendent skills.
8. Have ability and flexibility to manage various project types.
9. Demonstrated ability to manage. without supervision, a project or major project phase and multiple superintendents.
10. Have knowledge and understanding of local labor agreements.
11. Have OSHA Competent Person training.
12. Must advocate and perform all duties in support of our Incident & Injury Free policy.