Senior Security Engineer, Connector Content
||Full-time Opportunity for Senior Security Engineer Position with Global IT Client
In my effort to identify suitable candidates for one of our long-time clients, I came across your profile through an online resource. I wanted to reach out to you to see if you have an interest in speaking about this opportunity with this global IT powerhouse.
Title: Senior Security Engineer
Job Type: Full Time
Start Date: Immediate
Location: Sunnyvale, CA
Touted as one of the Worlds’ largest IT Companies, this multi-national Company has its presence in over a hundred countries. Their technology and business offerings not only promise to address most challenges and problems, they also help people realize their aspirations and dreams. Their wide range of products and services include infrastructure, supercomputer installations, digital photography, digital entertainment, home printing amongst several others. With an unmatched product portfolio, they have proved consistently to be market leaders in the space.
The Client has charged us with this priority search for a "Senior Security Engineer'" to augment their already successful team. For this position, they are seeking an individual with expertise in cloud technologies like OpenStack, AWS, CloudFoundry
We are looking for a talented, self-driven individual to play a key role in developing our next generation Enterprise Security solutions. With enterprise computing rapidly evolving towards cloud and mobile, we need your help to make it more secure through rapid innovation, development and deployment of our solutions. If you have hands-on experience and knowledge of cloud operations and security in a private or public IaaS/SaaS cloud environment, coupled with experience in security operations, and if you excel in an innovative and result-oriented environment where your contributions make a difference, then this is the place for you.
The successful candidate for this position will work on the Content team. This is a hands-on position that will require the candidate to work with data collected from private and public cloud in combination with the various product lines in order to deliver content that will help address the needs of all of customers. The ideal candidate will have a good understanding of cloud operations, administration and security coupled with hands-on networking and security skills as well as an ability to write and understand scripting languages such as Perl.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Research, analyze and understand log sources, particularly from private or public IaaS/SaaS cloud environments
- Appropriately categorize the messages generated by various cloud environments and services hosted in these clouds into the multi-dimensional normalization schema
- Write and modify scripts to parse out messages and interface with the categorization database
- Research and develop content for ESM, including correlation rules, dashboards, reports, visualizations,etc.
- Research and develop content to address use cases based on customer requests and feedback
- Work with the engineering teams to develop content using the latest features in the various products
- Deliver comprehensive, correct and useful Connector and ESM content to customers on schedule
- Excellent knowledge of cloud operations, administration and security
- Experience with cloud technologies like OpenStack, AWS, CloudFoundry
- Hands-on implementation of reasonably sophisticated tools in a scripting language such as perl or python
- Hands-on experience with XML language
- Experience examining logs and output from cloud and virtual environments and from applications hosted in these environments
- Ability to quickly and accurately identify the meaning and severity of these log messages
- Experience with a Security Information Management solution such as ESM is a plus
- Must possess ability and desire to learn new technologies quickly while remaining detailed oriented
- Hands-on experience of a variety of different networking and security devices, such as firewalls, routers, IDS/IPS, vulnerability scanners, etc is a plus
- Excellent verbal communication, analytical skill and critical thinking
If this piques your interest, please share with us an updated copy of your profile. Alternatively, we would be happy to call you if you’d like to have a quick 10 minute phone conversation to get a better understanding of this opportunity at a number and time that works for you. Please be assured that we will not submit your profile to the client until after we have had a detailed discussion with you.
- BS or MS in Computer Science or equivalent
- 3 to 5 years of hands-on experience in network security and enterprise-level security management.
- Cloud, Security or network device certifications a plus
My contacts are listed below for your reference.
Please 'Like' us on Facebook to get regular updates on our current open opportunities - https://www.facebook.com/resourcisinc
6055 Southard Trace
Cumming, GA 30040
||networking and security devices, such as firewalls, routers, IDS/IPS,OpenStack, AWS, CloudFoundry
||Option 1: Create a New Profile
Option 2: Login and Apply