|| Quality Assurance Technician
FMC Technologies, Inc.
As the demand for energy rises, the world’s leading oil and gas operators are turning to us now more than ever for solutions to maximize energy production. And that means incredible opportunity for our company and our people.
We want the best and brightest talent to join our amazing teams around the world. If you want to be part of something big, part of a company that delivers industry-leading technological solutions to our customers, then now is the time to start your career at FMC Technologies.
BECAUSE IT’S ALL HAPPENING RIGHT NOW.
FMC Technologies, Inc. (NYSE:FTI) is a leading global provider of technology solutions for the energy industry. Named by FORTUNE® Magazine as the World's Most Admired Oil and Gas Equipment, Service Company in 2012, the Company has approximately 14,900 employees and operates 27 production facilities in 16 countries. FMC Technologies designs, manufactures and services technologically sophisticated systems and products such as subsea production and processing systems, surface wellhead systems, high pressure fluid control equipment, measurement solutions, and marine loading systems for the oil and gas industry.
Purpose of the Role:
Reviews, verifies and maintains product related documentation and prepares documentation packages for product shipments as required by regulatory agencies and customers. Inspects FMC Technologies Inc. products and/or outsourced components and materials and verifies conformance to requirements with little or no supervision. Becomes proficient in assigned areas and continuously meets or exceeds quality, safety and production targets. Understands advanced inspection techniques, processes and equipment.
- Understand Part Report requirements (DBI), blueprints and quality instructions to determine dimension specifications, measurements and tests required to ensure quality and customer satisfaction.
- Learns internal procedures and Quality Management System (QMS). Learns ISO (Industrial Standards Organization), API (American Petroleum Institute) and other governmental and customer requirements and specifications.
- Compiles documentation packages and prepares Certificates of Compliance for product shipments.
- Reviews supplier documentation at the time that FMCTI receives the material. Ensures that all documentation is present and matches certification documents to Receiving Purchase Order.
- Prepares and forwards cert packages with sales orders to sister plants and other orders that require them.
- Records inspection results and completes reports and related documentation or data entry in an accurate and timely manner. Reports nonconforming product to the appropriate person.
- Executes SAP transactions for inventory and location moves. Records stocking locations in the system.
- Stocks materials using material handling equipment when necessary.
- Learns to use testing equipment and instruments.
- Learns to conduct internal audits by assisting more experienced staff.
- Works in a safe manner and keeps all employees and visitors to work area aware of potential dangers.
- Practices good housekeeping in work area and properly disposes of waste according to safety and environmental policies.
- High School Diploma or GED preferred.
- Must possess a clear understanding of high school math and have the ability to read, write and comprehend English.
- Drafting, Engineering or Machining background helpful.
- Ability to comprehend and understand geometric tolerances on blueprints.
- Ability to comprehend Data Base Information.
- Typically has more than six years experience in a manufacturing environment with knowledge of product and manufacturing processes.
- Must have ability to use inspection and dimensional instruments for the inspection of critical parts.
- Must be able to operate material handling equipment.
- PC skills and knowledge of word processing and spreadsheet software required.
- Must be detail oriented.
- Strong interpersonal skills to interface with co-workers.
What FMC Technologies Offers:
- Benefits: Medical, Dental, and Vision Benefits
- 401(k): FMC offers a competitive 401(k) plan with generous matching contributions for non-union full-time and part-time employees working at least 20 hours per week. If you choose to participate in the 401(k), FMC will match your contributions dollar for dollar, up to the first 5% of your eligible pay (up to IRS limits). For those eligible non-union employees hired or rehired on or after January 2, 2010, FMC also provides a company contribution of 4% of eligible pay-whether you participate in the plan or not.
- Paid Time Off (PTO): You earn PTO based on your years of service with FMC. These days can be used for any reason-vacation, personal time, family illness, occasional sick days, etc.
- Extras: The FMC EXTRAS Program is a voluntary benefits and discount program. This includes home and auto insurance, pet insurance, home electronics, personal computers, wireless phones, mortgage programs, automotive discounts, deals on travel and entertainment, and much more.
- Facility: Clean environment with high safety standards. Free parking with secured access. On-site cafeteria, dining facility, and Starbucks located at the main facility.
Why FMC Technologies?
Energy demand is rising—and the world’s leading oil and gas operators are turning to FMC Technologies for the comprehensive, technologically complex solutions needed to maximize recovery of this finite resource.
That means big opportunities for FMC Technologies—and for our people. Right now, we’re looking for talented additions to our team to help accommodate these growing demands. With nearly 100 locations around the world, the opportunities here are truly as vast as our operations.
It’s a great time to become a part of the FMC Technologies team. If the opportunity to work with amazing people on impactful projects within a market leading organization appeals to you, consider us.
In addition to our leading-edge solutions, FMC Technologies also empowers employees to advance their knowledge and explore their own career paths. Whether you’re a fabrication engineer, procurement analyst or project manager, you’ll find FMC Technologies offers a supportive environment that helps you be your best.
THIS IS YOUR CHANCE TO BE ON THE FOREFRONT OF SOMETHING BIG.