Mail Processing Sorter
- Job Title
- Mail Processing Sorter
- Job ID
- Union City , CA 94587
- Other Location
Mail Processing Sorters - $9.00 Per Hour, PM Shift.
Summary of Job and Mission
Join our clients exciting team! We are looking for (Hourly) Mail Processing Sorters for our PM shift at our clients mail facility in Union City CA.
Under general supervision, perform a variety of duties that include US and International mail processing. Ensure that mail is correctly sorted, clearly printed and correctly placed labels. Employee will ensure all related sort procedures are followed.
All applicants must be able to pass Criminal Background, Drug and Federal TSA Screening to be offered Employment.
Applicants who can’t pass all of these, need not apply.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
· Manually sort all mail by sort area requirements.
· Meet sorting production standards.
· Inspect each piece of mail to ensure that the indicia are affixed correctly and that the zip code on the
indicia matches the address zip code.
· Prepare mail as directed by the sorting reports.
· Sort mail in accordance with MTS quality process standards.
· Account for all pieces on the sorting reports. Notify the sorting manager if piece(s) are missing.
· Maintain cleanliness of the work area.
· Management reserves the right to add or modify the duties and or responsibilities of Sorters.
· Basic skill sets (refer to required skilled section below).
· High School or equivalent training and or work experience.
· Ability to stand hours at length (8 hour shift).
· Basic English oral and written communication skills.
· Detail oriented.
· Basic Math and Reading Skills.
· Ability to follow procedures.
· Lifting or carrying, pushing or pulling, reaching overhead, squatting, bending or kneeling, up to 75% of work
· Walking, bending, pushing, reaching and lifting up to 50lbs (additional weight with assistance).
· Sitting less than 25% of work shift.
· Standing, walking, or moving about, up to 100% of work shift.
· Temperature in the distribution center can vary from warm to cool.
· Noise level generated from other distribution activity can be somewhat loud at time, but no damaging
levels or protective equipment is required.