The Application Support Engineer will provide maintenance and enhancement to an existing system. The Application Support Engineer will be assigned on a rotational basis to operational support and small application modification/development projects. The successful candidate will be able to follow directions and procedures. They will be experienced in knowing how to respond, elevate and address issues appropriately. A background in providing operational support is essential as the candidate is expected after training to work independently. Strong technical skills in UNIX, Perl shell scripts are required. The technical environment requires the person to be able to quickly learn essentials of a stable feed loading application and understand good software development practices through lifecycle from requirements, coding, testing and deployment. A background in mutual fund industry is a plus. Environment consists of a file based data structure.
PWI Defined Contribution Production Support is looking for a qualified and motivated individual to join our team. This team is responsible for the support of all Defined Contribution 401(K) Midtier environments. We support over 80 applications on 600 + servers. The position will include the following:
Websphere experience a must!!!!!
- Perform application support for internally developed and third party applications residing on Windows and Linux
- Participate in an on call rotation
- Ability to function effectively in a critical role balancing multiple tasks and requests
- Build and maintain day-to-day internal and external relationships in order to provide an ongoing high quality level of service to customers
- Utilize sound judgment and recommendations to reach critical organizational objectives
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent academic/practical experience
- 3 -5 years of previous experience in an application support role
- Experience with Windows IIS, Linux and WebSphere needed
- Experience with Message Broker, iLog, jRules, WDOM and BPM is preferred.
- Proven analytical and problem solving skills
- Must be capable of learning complex processes quickly, and have the ability to learn through independent research
- Strong customer focus and customer satisfaction orientation
- The applicant should also demonstrate effective communication skills; both written and verbal
- IBM Certified System Administrator – WebSphere Application Server V7.0