Provide Quality Assurance for all applications, assuring that a quality product is available to our clients and employees.
The ideal candidate for the Senior Quality Assurance Analyst position is an individual that has the intellect, leadership, drive, and experience with quality assurance practices, test design, planning and documentation. This person will be involved in all phases of strategic projects identifying, documenting, preparing, executing and implementing testing strategies for medium and large-scale applications.
- Compile status dashboards, metrics reports, risk and issue plans, etc. with regard to project and testing assignments.
- Define and implement process-based initiatives to improve test planning, execution, and reporting.
- Manage, drive, and onboard new applications and projects to the QA and SCM toolset standards including:
- MS Visual Studio/Team Foundation Server
- IBM Rational Quality Manager and Rational Functional Tester
- Manage, track, and trend QA and SCM metrics and productivity reporting.
- Create and document test scenarios that emulate real-world business environments and operations in a controlled test environment
- Write and execute manual system and certification test cases using documented functional and non-functional requirements.
- Conduct manual system testing, defect reporting, replication, and retesting
- Expert level knowledge in preparation, conditioning, and management of test data files for various back-end testing and bulk/data import jobs.
- Review and provide feedback on new/enhanced Software Business Requirements and High Level Designs.
- Coordinate all Infrastructure maintenance (HW, OS, Security patches, etc.) and testing for Pre Production environments
- Serve as QA Liaison for Disaster Recover testing exercises
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment and balance priorities from multiple projects and release schedules.
- Ability to work some weekends and extended hours without conflicts.
- Ability to work independently, with the Project Managers, Developers, Business Analysts and Customer support, in a fast paced environment.
- Strong team player.
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks.
- Minimum 10 years of experience in Software Quality Assurance
- Previous senior QA (or QA Lead) experience leading a QA team
- Bachelor's degree in information systems management, or related field; or related, equivalent experience
- Experience in testing of web based applications, back-end import applications, and software debugging
- Extensive knowledge and practice in SQL, building database queries, familiarity with database schema, and database concepts.
- Knowledge of software development life cycle working with Software Developers and Product Analysts
- Strong knowledge and familiarity with technical systems - e.g. programming, operating system, database, design, platforms, etc. Must be able to take input from various technical, product, and business sources and assimilate it into a comprehensive end-to-end test plan.
- Expert level knowledge in defect management (TFS experience a plus)
- Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Visio, PowerPoint).
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Must possess a proven ability to complete detailed assignments accurately in a timely fashion.
- Experience working with structured software development lifecycles
- General understanding of and experience with Information Technology Concepts
- Strong interpersonal skills are required, as the successful candidate will interface with a wide range of personnel, and must possess the capacity to solve problems, resolve conflicts, and build relationships.
- Must have demonstrated excellence in oral and written communication.
- Analytical skills to evaluate information gathered
- Mortgage Default industry experience is a plus.
- Ability to occasionally travel in support of testing assignments
- CSTE certification a plus
- Passion for problem identification and resolution, and a desire to improve customer's experience.
- SoapUI experience is a plus