IT Business Analyst III (QA)
- The IT Business Analyst (QA) works as a liaison between the Business Users and IT staff. The BA is responsible for understanding our Client’s Business Intelligence (BI) needs thru consultation with Subject Matter Experts (SMEs), other Business Analysts, translating those needs into ETL requirements and performing quality assurance validations that will help drive LPS’ Business Intelligence and Analytics development efforts. Internally, the BA will work closely with the Business Intelligence Team on deliverables and ensure those fit within LPS’s strategic and operational BI goals.
- Facilitate project scope discussions and business requirements meetings as it relates to ETL, data moralization, data delivery and data quality assurance
- Partner with business teams to understand their data needs relevant to reporting, extracts, analytics and how to effectively test data quality
- Garner relevant business and technical artifacts and share appropriately
- Attend application enhancement, project and technical meetings as required
- Work with application teams and DBAs to understand dependencies, load jobs, etc.
- Work in concert with and in support of the larger BI team (Reporting, Analytics and Tools Teams)
- Develop requirements for data mapping and data transformation processes
- Maintain requirements templates and questionnaires related to data transformation
- Contribute to the management of the metadata catalog, including comparing new requests against existing inventory, and making recommendations for adding to or removing BI and/or Analytic Components from the "standard" offering
- Develop and maintain a Master Test Plan that defines all actions, deliverables, responsibilities and procedures to satisfy the user/customer quality and validation/qualification requirements as well as adheres to the Data Quality and Governance Plans
- Create test plans, test cases, daily and test summary reports
- Track defects and manage the issues backlog
- Conduct test case reviews to ensure scenarios accurately capture business functionality
- Monitor and triage ticket request queues
- Review reporting requests, release plans and enhancement requests for impact and prioritization
- Identify/create test data needed for execution
- Ensure technical documents are complete and include all the necessary information (i.e. data transformations, sample data, parameters, security requirements, business rules, etc.)
- Participate in unit, integration, regression, data validation and functional / technical user acceptance testing
- Bachelor's or Master's Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, related discipline or equivalent work experience
- 5 or more years of combined IT work experience in systems/applications development, database management systems and/or data warehouse development and management
- 7+ years’ experience in Software Quality Assurance
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Proficient in mortgage industry and/or MSP
- 2+ years’ experience with HP Quality Center, TFS, Rational or another Test Suite Management Tool
- Extreme attention to detail
- Experience in facilitating meetings
- Listening, interviewing and questioning abilities
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills
- Strong business acumen in the Mortgage Industry
- Ability to manage multiple concurrent processes while understanding and successfully solving business problems in a customer-focused, consensus-driven environment
- Working knowledge of SDLC and methodology (SCRUM preferred)
- Excellent SQL skills with extensive experience querying large data sets
- Familiarity with BI best practices and terminology (ETL, OLAP, Star Schema, etc)
- Understanding of DWH concepts, schemas, Slowly Changing Dimensions, Facts and Dimensions and implementation of the same.
- Experience with data sourcing, data transformation, data load, data integration and conversion processes, business intelligence tools
- This role requires a strong collaborator who can partner effectively with various levels of the organization and deliver results within established timelines.
- The BA must have an excellent understanding of business processes as well as technology.
- The Business Analyst is a member of an Agile Team which also completes Unit, Integration and System level software testing.
- They create/execute test cases and regression test software for the Business Intelligence (BI) project.
- This individual must possess a strong knowledge of testing processes and be able to adapt these to an Agile/Scrum Model.
- This candidate will also coordinate work between the internal staff, internal and external QA integration teams, and the client development and management teams. Strong written and verbal communication skills are essential.
- May mentor Jr team members.
||Option 1: Create a New Profile
Option 2: Login and Apply