Pharmacy Technician (Raymond Megginson EDOS 4/8/13)
- Job Title
- Pharmacy Technician (Raymond Megginson EDOS 4/8/13)
- Job ID
- Begin Date
- Roanoke, VA
- Other Location
WORKING TITLE: Technician II: Sterile Compounding
Responsible for sterile compounding under the supervision of a pharmacist, to include cleanroom maintenance, completing documentation, and drug compounding.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily, with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Understands USP Chapter 797, ASHP guidelines for cytotoxic drug compounding and company policies concerning sterile compounding.
- Enforces company policy on cleanroom protocol, testing, documentation, and remedial action.
- Checks labels, compounding documents, and prescription for content.
- Gathers and pre-checks compounding material prior to its entry into the cleanroom.
- Compounds sterile products.
- Checks final product for particulate matter and container integrity.
- Labels compounded products when state regulations permit.
- Checks ancillary supplies.
- Pick/packs supplies.
- Monitors cleaning and quality control logs for completeness.
- Assist in prioritization of the daily pharmacy compounding schedule.
- Performs the pharmacy technician duties considered acceptable by the state pharmacy regulations under supervision of a licensed pharmacist.
- Participates in the pharmacy on-call rotation.
- Solid knowledge of, and compliance with, BioScrip policies and procedures.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION, TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
Registered Pharmacy Technician required; Certified Pharmacy Technician preferred; High School Diploma; At least 18 years of age; One year of experience directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified strongly preferred. Must have valid driver’s license and maintain a driving record which meets company’s standards.