POSITION SUMMARY Coordinates and performs total nursing care for patients in the home setting. Administers skilled nursing care. Participates in teaching patients and significant others home medical management. Provides leadership by working cooperatively to establish priorities and goals of patient care.
Reasonable Accommodations Statement
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable Accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Essential Functions Statement(s)
Performs all other duties as assigned.
- Provides infusion and other skilled nursing care to patients including: patient assessment and reassessment, patient and caregiver teaching, development and revision of the Plan of Care and Plan of Treatment, implementation of physician orders, patient response monitoring, response to emergency patient needs and psychological support.
- Provides pre-discharge patient assessments when appropriate.
- Completes all required patient care documentation and reports accurately.
- Submits all required patient care documentation and reports in a timely manner.
- Communicates any changes in the patient's condition to supervisor, physicians and other health care provides as appropriate.
- Takes professional responsibility for self-protection during required work in potentially hazardous situation (e.g. handling cytoxic agents, blood and body fluids).
- Represents self in a professional and ethical manner at all times.
- Complies with all applicable company policies and procedures.
- Participates in the activities of the Performance Improvement Program.
- Attends scheduled patient care conferences, inservices, departmental meetings, etc. as requested.
- Maintains professional licensure, certification, and health requirements as well as demonstrates clinical competence.
- Participates in the orientation of other nurses or center personnel as requested.
- Supports the marketing efforts of the center by assisting the sales team and providing educational programs to referral sources as requested.
- Takes on-call responsibility as assigned to provide 24-hour availability and provides these services in accordance with established protocols.
SKILLS & ABILITIES
Education: Graduate of an accredited school of nursing, BSN preferred.
Experience: A minimum of one (1) year current nursing experience in a clinical specialty involving infusion therapy including patient assessment skills, venous access skills and emergency patient care required.
Certificates & Licenses Current state license as a Registered Nurse and CPR certification required.