This is a temporary position lasting until June 30, 2013.
Within the scope of service, provides telephonic disease management, case management and/or utilization management services for covered members. Focuses on member engagement, education and empowerment to self manage their chronic health conditions. Supports and encourages healthy lifestyle choices, health promotion, and behavioral change through motivational interviewing and incorporating behavioral change theories to reduce long term effects of chronic disease.
- Disease Management: Provides one on one telephonic or in person health-coaching and consultation services to participants, within state licensure scope of practice requirements. Conducts health risk assessments, introduces case management services, identifies and addresses barriers to treatment adherence and educates members about healthy lifestyle choices within state licensure scope of practice requirements.
- Disease Management: Collaborates with participants to establish goals and provides ongoing support to members they strive to make and sustain healthy lifestyle choices. Provides participants with educational material and program introductory material, providing reinforcement of educational topics.
- Case Management: Collaborates with primary care/treating physicians as well as medical home and other healthcare professionals to obtain specific & current health information in regards to members’ plan of care.
Formal clinical degree in one of the following categories:
Masters prepared in Social Work with licensing (such as LISW, LSW)
- Knowledge of Medicare/Medicaid
- Knowledge of adult learning and behavior change principles preferred
- Knowledge of chronic illnesses, co-morbidities and disease management
- Knowledge of community based resources
- Clinical assessment skills, within state licensure scope of practice requirements
- Crisis intervention skills, within state licensure scope of practice requirements
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills
- Telephonic interviewing skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, Internet/Web Navigation
- Prioritization and organizational skills
- Ability to assess patient health status, within state licensure scope of practice requirements
- Ability to integrate data and evaluate to design meaningful interventions within state licensure scope of practice requirements
- Must be able to prioritize and target interventions designed to support long term behavioral change within state licensure scope of practice requirements