Staff Accountant / Financial Analyst
As the Staff Accountant / Financial Analyst, you will be responsible for analyzing financial and operational information to measure the performance of Projects, Regions, Cost Centers, and Product Lines. You will develop and maintain processes, reports, and graphs to communicate results to the senior managers in the organization.
In addition, you will be accountable for the accurate revenue and cost recognition of various types of orders including long-term construction projects, lump sum and time and material service jobs, and aftermarket parts sales.
You will support the development of the accounting and reporting processes and procedures and utilize their knowledge of accounting and systems to improve the operational and financial effectiveness of projects for our growing company.
Staff Accountant / Financial Analyst
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop and prepare management reports and analysis to determine and explain the profitability of Projects and Service Jobs compared to budgets and prior forecasts and work closely with Project and Operations Managers to prepare ongoing projections and forecasts.
- Develop and maintain relevant metrics to measure performance of regions and product lines.
- Manage all phases of the Project Accounting function including the following:
- Determine proper revenue recognition treatment based on the contractual terms or customer purchase order.
- Ensure that revenue and job cost is properly recognized each accounting period.
- Fully utilize the Job Cost Module in MAS and ensure that system data is current and accurate.
- Maintain an up to date forecast of projected progress billings for cash flow forecasts and follow up with Project Managers to determine the status of upcoming billing events.
- Provide Project Managers with the reports and information required so they can prepare for monthly project reviews.
- Manage all phases of our labor collection and reporting system to ensure accurate and timely information for reporting and billing purposes.
- Prepare and review monthly journal entries and account reconciliations. Maintain the integrity of balance sheet accounts through review of account activity and balances for accuracy and reasonableness.
- Assist in the monthly closing process and financial reporting process.
- Maintain Construction in Process reports and the current status and utilization of pilot equipment and a forecast of future requirements for this equipment.
- Assist in the annual budgeting process for regional and corporate departments.
- Responsible for the preparation and review of schedules, documentation, and support related to the annual statutory audit and any other audits that may occur.
- The timely preparation and filing of annual reports and business license renewals.
- Continued improvements in the functionality of our MAS 200 ERP system to support the organizations continued growth. Implement improvements and enhancements of various modules within the system not currently being utilized.
- Provides backup support for various accounting functions.
- Strengthen internal control procedures and documentation.
- Maintain ethical and professional business practices in day to day activities.
- Bachelor Degree in Accounting or Finance
- 3+ years of Financial Analyst or Accounting experience with a strong understanding of GAAP
- Proficient with Microsoft Office, specifically Word, MS-Excel, and Outlook
- Experience with POC revenue recognition
- Ability to communicate with all levels of the organization in various functions including Selling, Engineering, and Operations management
- Must be detail oriented and well organized
- CPA or CMA
- Experience with MAS 200 or other Sage Software products is strongly preferred, including the design of work processes and procedures, implementation of new modules, and training operational personnel
- Experience with IFRS reporting standards
- Salary is commensurate with experience
- 401K plan with matching program
- Competitive benefits package (medical, dental, vision)
- Education reimbursement for continuing education and acquiring more licenses
- Paid time off and paid holidays
We work to maintain the best possible environment for our employees, where people can learn and grow with the company. We strive to provide a collaborative, creative environment where each person feels encouraged to contribute to our processes, decisions, planning and culture.
Equal Opportunity Employer
SEARCH: Financial Analyst, Staff Accountant, Accounting, Finance, Kingwood, Houston, CPA, CMA, MAS