Accounts Payable Clerk
As the Accounts Payable Clerk, you will be primarily responsible for the accurate and timely recording of transactions, payment of vendor invoices and other disbursements, and the organization of the accounts payable documentation. Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Manage the Accounts Payable process including the following:
- Ensure vendor invoices and other disbursements are properly approved in accordance with the Delegation of Authority prior to vouchering for payment.
- Ensure vendor invoices and other disbursements have the proper documentation including a Purchase Order (when required)
- Ensure proper coding of disbursements to Project #’s or cost center accounts.
- Process employee expense reports
- Responsible for timely and accurate payment of lease charges based on the lease agreements and escalation clauses.
- Preparing and distributing vendor checks as scheduled.
- Maintaining all of the documentation and files in good order including receiving reports, vendor invoices to be vouchered and paid invoice files.
- Responsible for updating and maintaining accurate system data regarding addresses, contact information, payment terms, and related information. Responsible for setting up vendors and properly recording all payment information required for 1099 compliance.
- Responsible for managing several disbursement programs including the following:
- Fleet Management Program
- Fuel Purchase Card Program
- Corporate Procurement Card Program
- Corporate AmEx Corporate Card Program for travel expenses.
- Responsibility includes reviewing compliance with the program and company policies, initiating new cards that have been approved, and tracking disputes or vendor issues.
- Provide accounting assistance to project managers, operations managers, purchasing, and other personnel regarding accounts payable functions such as payment status or amount of charges.
- Manage the monthly closing of the accounts payable function including accruals and reconciliations of related balances.
- Establish ACH system payments to streamline the check writing process.
- Manages vendor relations in a professional manner.
- Responsible for the preparation and review of schedules, documentation, and support related to Accounts Payable for the annual statutory audit and any other audits that may occur.
- Continued improvements in the functionality of our MAS 200 ERP system to support the organizations continued growth.
- Provides backup support for other accounting functions.
Accounts Payable Clerk
- 3+ years of AP (Accounts Payable) experience, including experience working with generally accepted accounting principles
- Proficient with Microsoft Office, specifically Word, MS-Excel, and Outlook.
- Ability to communicate issues with all levels of the organization and various functions including Selling, Engineering, and Operations management.
- Must be detail oriented and well organized to balance and prioritize work
- Must be professionally motivated with a desire to learn
- May require some overtime to meet reporting deadlines or other commitments
- Associates degree
- Experience with MAS 200 or other Sage Software products
- Salary is commensurate with experience
- 401K plan with matching program
- Competitive benefits package (medical, dental, vision)
- Education reimbursement for continuing education and acquiring more licenses
- Paid time off and paid holidays
We work to maintain the best possible environment for our employees, where people can learn and grow with the company. We strive to provide a collaborative, creative environment where each person feels encouraged to contribute to our processes, decisions, planning and culture.
Equal Opportunity Employer
SEARCH: AP, Accounts Payable, Kingwood, MAS, Sage, invoicing