|Job Title||Phlebotomist-Baylor University Medical Center|
|Location||Dallas , TX|
med fusion, located in the DFW Metroplex, is seeking individuals to join our mission of creating a patient-centered approach to deliver integrated, advanced laboratory services and clinical trials that support healthcare providers, biotech and pharmaceutical companies. This holistic direction facilitates more effective and efficient patient care, greater access to integrated information and technology; and increases collaboration for clinicians. In short, med fusion focuses on optimizing resources, at every step, to better serve healthcare institutions.
Position Summary: Draws blood from patients or donors in hospital, blood bank, or similar facility for analysis or other medical purposes by performing the following duties.
Duties/Responsibilities (others may be assigned as needed):
· Greets patients and instructs them in proper specimen collection methods.
· Assembles equipment such as tourniquet, needles, disposable containers for needles, blood collection devices, gauze, cotton, and alcohol on work tray according to requirements for specified tests or procedures.
· Verifies or records identity of patient or donor and converses with patient or donor to allay fear of procedure.
· Applies tourniquet to arm, locates accessible vein, swabs puncture area with antiseptic, and inserts needle into vein to draw blood into collection tube or bag.
· Withdraws needle, applies treatment to puncture site, and labels and stores blood container for subsequent processing.
· Pricks finger to draw blood.
· Conducts interviews, takes vital signs, and draws and tests blood samples to screen donors at blood bank.
· Labels specimens for identification purposes and enters specimen data into computer.
· Distributes report to clinicians or authorized personal if applicable
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
In return for your hard work and dedication, we offer a competitive salary depending on experience, excellent benefits and a positive working environment!
Insperity is not a staffing agency. In fact, most of our listings presented are great full-time or part-time opportunities with small- to medium-sized companies. By delivering HR services such as recruiting, payroll and training, Insperity can help its clients focus on what they do best. And because we have the inside track to these firms, you'll have a jump on your next career!
|Option 1: Create a New Profile|
Option 2: Login and Apply