There’s a reason Insperity ranks No. 1 on Houston Business Journal’s list of Best Places to Work.
Want to work for us and find out why?
As a trusted advisor to America’s best businesses for more than 25 years, Insperity provides an array of human resource and business solutions designed to help improve business performance. In addition, we provide the client company and their worksite employees with a wide array of value-added benefits and services.
Insperity offers a competitive compensation package and one of the best benefits packages in the business, including 19 days paid time off, 8 paid holidays, medical, dental and vision benefits, 401k and tuition reimbursement. We work to maintain the best possible environment for our employees where people can learn and grow with the company. We strive to provide a collaborative, creative environment where each person feels encouraged to contribute to our processes, decisions, planning and culture.
At Insperity, our work environment and our commitment to our employees’ personal and professional success are the reasons we’ve been regarded as one of the “Best Places to Work” for 10 years running.
Responsible for creating a “Wow” experience when interacting with external and internal customers by consistently exceeding expectations. Under moderate supervision, provides administrative and accurate payroll data entry support to the Mid-Market/New Accounts payroll team. Interfaces with clients to ensure accurate and complete employee documents are collected to meet payroll deadlines ensuring a positive ongoing impression of services that impact our clients’ businesses and result in retention and growth. Coordinates with Payroll Implementation Specialists to generate payroll and client specific reports and audit for accuracy. Provides daily support to Payroll Implementation Specialists, supervisor, manager and director as needed. Responsible for training support and mentoring of new coordinators. Provides backup support within the payroll department as needed. Performs moderate decision-making governed by procedure, guided by policy and focused on daily operations.
General Payroll Team Support
- Communicates directly with clients to retrieve accurate and complete new employee paperwork to ensure payroll deadlines are met.
- Generates reports as requested.
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Supports Payroll Implementation Specialists with data-entry and balancing of payroll data as needed.
- Maintains client file documentation for Payroll Implementation Specialists.
- Produces and maintains incomplete employee file register to provide Payroll Implementation Specialists and clients with the status of completed employee files.
- Files, makes copies, types, and enters data into computer/database or standard forms.
- Coordinates communication of the department by stamping and distributing incoming mail and faxes and prepares and sends outgoing mail utilizing appropriate delivery means.
- Maintains mailing, office and equipment supplies in an orderly fashion; generates requisitions to replenish supplies as requested.
- Provides front desk receptionist relief.
- Supports process and audit efforts to ensure integrity and accountability for Sarbanes-Oxley compliance.
KNOWLEDGE / SKILLS
- High School Diploma is required. Bachelor’s Degree is preferred.
- Four to six years experience in an Insperity payroll administrative support role or job related field with an emphasis on multi-tasking required.
- Proficient use of Microsoft Office programs including Word and Excel at intermediate to advanced level and demonstrated ability to learn other application programs as needed. Proficient use of Insperity systems preferred.
- Customer service experience in a team environment; ability to enable a positive customer service experience through effective, professional, timely communication to clients and team members.
- Exercise high attention to detail and methodology for confirming accuracy in all tasks.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Project management skills: proficient in handling multiple projects/activities in an efficient and timely manner.
- Effective and efficient problem solving.
- Principles, practices and procedures of general business including modern office methods, practices, procedures, and equipment; clerical methods, techniques, and filing systems.
Offering unrivaled benefits starting day one!
- Value Systems / Modeling and Behaviors - Accountable for communicating, endorsing, and enthusiastically modeling the Insperity vision, what the company stands for, what the company deems important, how it relates to individual team members, and how each team member contributes to the accomplishment of that vision.
- Client Service Interactions – As dictated by the Mid-Market/New Accounts client payroll schedules, follows up with clients in the confirmation of the status of incomplete employee paperwork. Interaction will be primarily by telephone and in writing. Supports and coordinates with Payroll Implementation Specialists the accurate data entry of payroll and report generation for specified Mid-Market/New Accounts clients. Provides feedback to Payroll Specialist/team/supervisor regarding all client interactions.
- Results Orientation – Achieves assigned performance standards and expectations.
- Accountability to Client’s Value Perception - Manages the conclusion of each service interaction in a positive manner, ensuring that the customer can readily identify the value that was derived because of the Insperity services performed.
- Accountability to Team Performance – Supports and demonstrates accountability for the customer relationship and ensure communication to the team is prompt and comprehensive allowing other team members to accomplish company/team goals.
- Internal Relationship Management – Builds, maintains and promotes effective highly functional relationships with immediate team members, peers across the discipline, sales staff and all other company team members. Demonstrates strong time management and organizational skills in coordinating communication and service affecting clients and team members
- Operational Obligations - Exhibits good stewardship of monetary expenses to budget, travels when necessary by several modes of transportation, and maintains flexibility in schedule to accommodate client and team needs. Participates in the Disaster Recovery plan as required. Maintains necessary tracking mechanism for reporting performance needs and measurements as defined by management. Makes recommendations for improving standards and measurements.
- Competitive Compensation Package
- Generous paid time off (19 days!) for personal, vacation and sick days
- 8 Paid holidays
- Four hours/month paid volunteer time off
- Employee stock purchase plan
- 401(k) plan
- And much more!