Business Development Manager
The Business Development Manager will provide sales leadership focusing on the Altium EDA Software product line. Your role will be to function primarily in an inside sales fashion and you will be challenged with pipeline building , opportunity qualification and product positioning to a wide set of manufacturing industry companies in the Midwest. You will sell and close business on the value proposition that the Altium software solution and FISHER/UNITECH offers. The activities will include cold calling, lead tracking and qualifying, estimating and presenting Altium’s product line. You will be responsible to achieve a sales quota on a quarterly basis. The role will report to the Director of Sales.
Primary and Essential Accountabilities:
- Call on and identify new prospects and suspects, meeting weekly and monthly connect targets
- Engage with existing FISHER/UNITECH customers to identify needs for Altium software
- Schedule product demonstrations for qualified opportunities
- Plan, organize, and maintain your daily workflow
- Prepare and track a working forecast utilizing NetSuite CRM and Salesforce.com
- Document daily activities within NetSuite and/or Salesforce.com CRM including call notes, scheduled appointments, etc.
- Engage and work with the marketing department to generate demand for Altium products through monthly webinars you will host
- Learn and understand product positioning and convey this to prospects and other FISHER/UNITECH sales personnel
- Successfully complete Altium product/sales training
- Understand and be capable of presenting our value proposition in the form of a PowerPoint presentation
- Collaborate with existing Inside Sales staff on effective call habits, scripts and setting realistic daily goals.
- Present weekly activity reviews to mentors and sales management
- 2-4 years experience in sales
- BS or BA, preferably Electrical Engineering
- Proven ability to work within a fast-paced technology environment
- Must be energetic with a go-getter attitude
- Be capable of demonstrating general computer skills and writing ability
- Some knowledge of the engineering and manufacturing market is required
- Effective communicator with good listening skills
- Ability to present in a professional and polite manner