|Job Title||Cloud Developer-Applications Eng IV - 1200QR9|
|Location||Annapolis Junction, MD|
|Description|| - Designs software tools and subsystems to support software reuse and domain analyses and manages their implementation.
- Manages software development and support using formal specifications, data flow diagrams and accepted design tools.
- Participates as a design team member subject matter expert providing architectural oversight and leadership in planning and designing software system modeling, simulation and analysis for large, multiple product projects.
- Develop a baseline approach and suitability of Intelink data for IDAC. Create a detailed strategy for ingestion and tagging. Strategy will focus on existing markup and structure, mission applicability, and ingestabililty into IDAC platform based on successful use of Niagara files and Cloudbase. Corpus of data will include content readily accessible on Intelink.
- Assess existing Niagara processors for compatibility, and execute ingestion for select Intelink data.
- Execute robust data ingestion and data tagging. Data tagging and grooming will be managed via Niagara files. Niagara files technology may provide flexibility in design to achieve optimal dataflow tailored to the target platforms.
- Manage data storage via Cloudbase to provide scalable storage, flexible data modeling with atomic level tagging.
- Enhance existing widgets to render ingested Intelink content in a flexible framework that exposes semantic relationships.
- Review similar efforts and request feedback to enhance system.
- Performs and oversees highly complex testing and research of software systems that enhance performance; investigates and resolves matters of significance.
- Working in an environment adapting DataCentric concepts to the Intelink environment and provide support to the following deliverables. :
Provide Data Flow and connectivity diagrams Configuration and Interface Control drawings to be supplied in Visio format (logical and physical connectivity) Programming or scripting required to effectively Integrate within Intelink systems Functional Test Planning Integration Tasks Planning Participate in TEMs/provide briefing for TEMs Assistance in providing with Technical Evaluation Report(s) .
Essential Job Functions
- Plans and designs systems modeling, simulation and analysis for project(s) crossing multiple product lines or a major phase of significant projects. Participates as integral part of design team, coordinates engineers and support staff in project efforts.
- Performs highly complex testing and research of software systems to enhance performance or investigate and resolve matters of significance.
- Monitors and oversees the completion and implementation of technical products to ensure success and timeliness.
- Reviews literature, patents and current practices relevant to the solution of highly complex projects. Identifies, recommends and pursues technology/practices to apply to solution.
- Recommends and implements corrections in highly complex technical applications and analysis to enhance performance.
- Conducts cost analyses and evaluates vendor capabilities to provide the most complex required products or services. Recommends vendor(s) and approach and presents to senior management/customer as appropriate.
- Provides leadership and work guidance to less experienced personnel.
- Provides complex technical consultation to other organizations; interacts with senior customer personnel and internal senior management.
- Provides the customer base with second level support.
- Familiarity with Cloud Technology including Hadoop HDFS - resilient data storage based on the Nigara (Googles FS) files, Hadoop MapReduce - the compute model for analytics and the distributed table to securely host analytics results.
- Back End Skills: Ruby, PHP, Java, Hadoop, MapReduce, NoSQL
- Experience in Java EE, customer Cloud ingest and web-tier architecture, and other server-side languages, such as PHP/Python.
- Experience doing planning, implementation and design of information systems
- Experience with design, coding, testing, debugging and documentation of programs.
- Knowledge of Applications generally dealing with utility programs, job control languages, macros, subroutines and other control modules.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, management information systems, or related field preferred
- Nine or more years of experience in software engineering or operating systems programming
- Experience working with software design principles
- Experience working with conducting costing analyses
- Strong analytical and creative problem solving skills to resolve highly complex software design issues and create new software for multiple products
- Strong leadership skills to guide and mentor the work of less experienced personnel
- Strong interpersonal skills to interact with senior customers, management and team members
- Strong communication skills to interact with team members and senior support personnel
- Ability to synthesize broad and narrow concepts of high complexity and use them to meet company objectives
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team