- Administer, document, and support Red Hat Linux Servers & Cisco Network infrastructure in two data centers.
- Learn, support and aid in the design of the proprietary software products that run on our platform.
- Manage and maintain server build standards, and inventory information.
- Create, update, and maintain Server Operations policies and procedures as needed.
- Participate in all conference calls during critical outages and track remediation efforts.
- Function independently and recommend changes to day-to-day operations, standards, policies, and procedures to maintain support capabilities and team morale.
- Support various other IT teams who use the payment processing platform with any issues or problems.
- Interact with IT Compliance to ensure proper controls have been implemented to protect sensitive company assets.
- Ensure proper upkeep of the server environment, including hardware refreshes and patching.
- Participate and maintain the ITIL- like change control process
- Assists with all other duties as assigned to meet business needs.
- Deep understanding of TCP/IP, routing protocols, Linux, and Cisco routers, switches, and firewalls.
- Knowledge of monitoring applications and tools such as Tripwire, IDS/IPS, Splunk, Zenos, Nagios and SolarWinds.
- Experience with fault tolerant systems including clusters, fail over systems, Raid storage, SANs and volume management .
- At least 7 years of experience in administration and support of server & network operations including Linux & Cisco at multiple sites.
- Excellent ability to follow up with open items and ensure resolution of problems.
- Ability to adapt as the external environment and organization evolves.
- Strong ability to organize workload for effective implementation
- Ability to interact and communicate effectively using oral and written skills with individuals at all levels of the organization and franchisee community
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment with demonstrated ability to juggle multiple competing tasks and demands
- Should be self-motivated, goal orientated, quality driven, and capable of working independently
- Advanced knowledge of variety of computer software applications in word processing, spreadsheets, database, and presentation software (MS Word, PowerPoint, Access, and Excel).
- Experience with Prorgramming Languages
- Puppet or Chef
- YUM packages (Yellow Dog Update Manager)
- Monitoring Systems (i.e. Solar Wind, Splunk, Trip Wire)
- Red Hat 6 (using a Linux Enterprise System not consumer so 4, 5, 6; 6 preferred, not 7, 8, or 9)
- Experience with scripting languages like Groovy and Bash
- Experience with Java server applications on Linux
- Experience designing and managing VMware virtual server environments with products
- Experience with credit card processing and/or mission critical financial services operations
- Experience working on an Agile Scrum development team or Kanban infrastructure team
- Experience with PCI and SOX controls
- Experience configuring and maintaining application interaction with database sources i.e. Teradata and SQL Server