||Area Sales Manager
FMC Technologies, Inc.
FMC Technologies, Inc. (NYSE:FTI) is a leading global provider of technology solutions for the energy industry. Named by FORTUNE® Magazine as the World's Most Admired Oil and Gas Equipment, Service Company in 2012, the Company has approximately 14,900 employees and operates 27 production facilities in 16 countries. FMC Technologies designs, manufactures and services technologically sophisticated systems and products such as subsea production and processing systems, surface wellhead systems, high pressure fluid control equipment, measurement solutions, and marine loading systems for the oil and gas industry.
OVERVIEW OF FLUID CONTROL PRODUCTS & SERVICES:
- FMC Technologies' Fluid Control products and services allow customers to maximize safety and equipment longevity at the well site.
- Flowline supplies well service pumps, articulating frac arm manifold trailers (AFAM), Chiksan® and Weco® products to help improve your bottom line performance.
- Integrated Services' iron recertification programs provide responsive service globally.
- Our complete range of plunger and Bean® piston pumps offers proven reliability since 1884.
- Compact valves deliver topside success where space and weight matters on your offshore high pressure needs.
- Invalco measuring instruments offer real-world innovation for all your LACT, Frac and Separation needs.
Manages the largest assigned customer accounts, identifies opportunities for new business and develops new accounts, facilitates communications, both internal and external, to ensure that customer needs are met in our Flowline and Ball Valve product lines. (Territory includes the Rockies and Grand Junction area.)
- Manages the largest accounts in a very demanding fast paced area.
- Managing combined sales/service revenue of $10M to $15M.
- This position will have limited supervision. Works independently under general direction and receives guidance only on the most difficult technical and customer problems.
- Deals with FMC distributors and representative Agencies.
- Must have broad industry knowledge and innovative skills to research trends and create an on going strategic plan that can be communicated clearly to sales, service and manufacturing managers.
- Receives direction from manager to set broad objectives, developing area goals, and solving unusual problems.
- Anticipates potential problems and proactively solves them through creative thinking, using internal and external resources.
- Adheres to current accounting, costing and quoting policies.
- Accepts ownership of area value, selling all services and product lines.
- Consults will all FMC product lines in the area to insure market trends are current, communicating them to management.
- Spends 75% time at customer locations.
- Drives 3000/4000 miles per month.
- Possible offshore and land location visits to working well sites.
- May be exposed to possible hazards including high noise, heavy machinery and shop traffic.
- Frequent sitting and operating a computer or participating in meetings.
- Fast paced atmosphere with multiple priorities and constant change.
- Gives frequent presentations that may require lengthy periods of standing.
- Seeks and identifies business opportunities by interviewing customers, other suppliers and colleagues in other regions and by researching business periodicals and Internet sites and by networking at industry sponsored events.
- Analyzes the opportunity, identifies the decision makers and procurement processes, researches the customer, partners of the customer and any history either may have had with FMC and creates and develops FMC solutions.
- Presents information to management to determine account potential, whether the customer philosophy dovetails with FMC’s, if there are synergies with other FMC products and whether account will be targeted.
- Prepares sales strategies for key and target accounts and utilizes expertise of other FMC staff (technical and commercial) to prepare and make proposals and presentations to customer.
- Works with the proposal team to communicate customer requirements and to proactively drive customer specifications towards standardization. Also communicates information related to industry trends, competitors, and projected future business.
- Prepares monthly reports and internal memos to communicate and outline opportunities, to take corrective actions to resolve issues before they become problems and to assist with forecasting.
- Prepares and makes sales presentations focusing on value to customer and coordinates visits from FMC technical staff and upper level management where necessary. Arranges customer visits to FMC facilities and in-house installation demonstrations.
- Acts as a liaison between the FMC Service Manager and the customer and must be attuned to issues of both in order to communicate and clarify issues regarding the needs and expectations of the customer.
- Keeps abreast of new products, specifications, and industry trends, competitor strengths and weaknesses and communicates new information to FMC colleagues. Attends industry sponsored trade shows and seminars. Communicates potential opportunities to other FMC locations.
- Manages business expenses.
- Builds relationships with customers and cultivates accounts into long-term customer alliances and continues to identify and promote opportunities for additional sales within the alliance.
- Provides input and assistance to other functional areas including quality, service, CSIP, data mining and safety in order to improve processes and customer satisfaction levels.
- Prepares short-term and long-term sales strategies and forecasts for accounts.
- Facilitates the STAT process and uses this as the main tool to grow the account
- Participates in negotiations of commercial agreements. Facilitates communications between cross-functional teams to ensure that issues are addressed and incorporated into agreements, processes and procedures.
- Develops strategy and drives new product introductions to account. This includes interaction with procurement, engineering, and other facets of organization. This effort may include coordination of field testing and facilitating reports and follow up actions.
- Prepares monthly reports and internal memos in a timely manner, to communicate and outline opportunities, to take corrective actions to resolve issues before they become problems and to assist with forecasting. Also communicates information related to industry trends, competitors, and projected future business.
- Arranges customer visits to FMC manufacturing and sales & service center facilities as necessary.
- Acts as a liaison between the FMC Engineering, Manufacturing and Regional Sales and Services personnel and the customer and must be attuned to issues of both in order to communicate and clarify issues regarding the needs and expectations of the customer and constraints within the FMC Engineering and Manufacturing processes. Participates and provides input in R&D meetings toward new product development as well as forecasting.
- Keeps abreast of new products, specifications, and industry trends, competitor strengths and weaknesses and communicates new information to FMC Fluid Control team members. Attends industry sponsored trade shows and seminars. Communicates potential opportunities to other FMC locations.
- Acts a resource to all sales and management staff where skills possessed are required to grow the business or develop personnel.
- Provides relationships through social outings including functions, specific entertainment such as sporting events and other events geared toward developing personal relationships.
- Acts as a mentor to less experienced sales staff and assists with training.
WHAT FMC TECHNOLOGIES OFFERS:
- BS degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent degree required.
- Two plus years sales experience or detailed customer interactions.
- Must have a comprehensive, knowledge of Flowline products. Offshore/Oilfield experience helpful.
- This is a top-level sales position. Must have good working knowledge of FMC manufacturing, infrastructure and setline.
- Must have excellent interpersonal, negotiating, writing and presentation skills in order to effectively communicate with internal and external contacts.
- Must be able to modify communication and presentation style in order to relate to a variety of people and personalities.
- Must have working knowledge of strategic selling and have demonstrated capabilities in team selling
- Must be outgoing, self-directed, aggressive and creative to be able to identify and maximize opportunities.
- PC skills with knowledge of word processing, spreadsheet, presentation, project and Internet access software a must.
- Must be willing to relocate (the position will be based in Colorado and require extensive travel, 75%).
- Benefits: Medical, Dental, and Vision Benefits
- 401(k): FMC offers a competitive 401(k) plan with generous matching contributions for non-union full-time and part-time employees working at least 20 hours per week. If you choose to participate in the 401(k), FMC will match your contributions dollar for dollar, up to the first 5% of your eligible pay (up to IRS limits). For those eligible non-union employees hired or rehired on or after January 2, 2010, FMC also provides a company contribution of 4% of eligible pay-whether you participate in the plan or not.
- Paid Time Off (PTO): You earn PTO based on your years of service with FMC. These days can be used for any reason-vacation, personal time, family illness, occasional sick days, etc.
- Extras: The FMC EXTRAS Program is a voluntary benefits and discount program. This includes home and auto insurance, pet insurance, home electronics, personal computers, wireless phones, mortgage programs, automotive discounts, deals on travel and entertainment, and much more.
- Facility: Clean environment with high safety standards. Free parking with secured access. On-site cafeteria and dining facility.