Principal Product Engineer - Hardware
||Hardware Product Engineer - Vehicle Camera/Optics
CoStaff Solutions, Inc. is actively seeking a degreed Electrical Engineer with vehicle camera/optics experience for a direct position located in Southeast Michigan.
This engineer will work in the Vehicle Autopilot Group designing and developing forward-facing camera. As a Hardware Product Engineer, this is a lead role that would entail working in a matrixed organization interfacing with mechanical engineering, software engineering, suppliers, purchasing, manufacturing, test engineering, quality and sales.
Successful candidate's responsibilities include:
Minimal travel, both international and domestic may be required.
- Supporting all phases of the camera design and development lifecycle. The engineer will work within a team comprised of electrical, mechanical and software specialists working to develop new camera products.
- Daily technical design and support of automotive camera systems. Generate, or oversee the generation of schematics, BOMs and layouts.
- Analysis of sensor and system performance.
- Develop system/component test plans and processes.
- Provide input to schedules and test plans.
- Create technical reports and present them to the management team.
- Work with our technical sub-suppliers.
- Support customer quotations.
- Participate in customer meetings.
- Develop test instrumentation or support hardware.
- ECU hardware design.
- Customer and system requirements analysis.
- Circuit design and analysis.
- Interface control documents.
- DFMEA creation.
- Customer interface and general support to the Engineering Manager.
||Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering.
7+ years of experience in automotive engineering working in product development with a preferred focus on electronics and module design.
Prior international experience or experience working with international teams.
Demonstrated project management skills.
Strong Microsoft suite skills including PowerPoint, Excel and Word.
Ability to communicate with and understand the needs of internal and external clients.
Ability to perform effectively within budgetary guidelines.
Strong sense of urgency and personal commitment.
Able to contribute to strong and dependable teams.
Possesses excellent written, verbal and presentation skills.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret complex documents.
||Knowledge of and understanding of automotive electronics manufacturing processes a plus.
Use of design analysis and modeling tools to perform electronics circuit design analysis.
Knowledge of laboratory tools for performing product analysis and testing.
||Option 1: Create a New Profile
Option 2: Login and Apply