Under general direction, this position is responsible for developing and executing functional test cases to ensure that the delivered solution meets project requirements and handles data in a predictable, error-free fashion.
- Develops and executes functional, regression and System Integration (end to end) test scenarios and test cases utilizing user stories contained within Agile Sprints and Business Process Flows.
- Testing integration points between internal and external systems
- Reviews project requirements to ensure requirements are testable
- Provides estimates on the amount of time needed to complete testing related tasks within a sprint
- Facilitates test case review sessions with other Agile team members
- Tracks test execution results within HP ALM/Quality Center
- Utilize HP ALM for tracking defects found during testing.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science/Information Technology or related field OR 4 years of relevant experience OR a combination of college education and relevant experience equivalent to 4 years in college
- Strong analytical skills to translate project requirements and Business Process Flows to appropriate test cases to ensure test coverage and traceability.
- Experience in testing large scale, multi-product system implementations
- Experience tracking and resolving issues encountered in testing
- Experience working as a part of an Agile development team.
- Software test experience in developing test strategies, test cases and creating scripts
- Testing experience in a large scale relational database environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Recent experience working with HP ALM/Quality Center for test management.
- Property and Casualty Insurance testing experience strongly preferred. (candidates without P&C will be considered as 2nd tier candidates)
- Guidewire PolicyCenter Conversion experience, required