The Work In Me is a small, yet hard-working Executive Search Firm, based in Houston and specializing in Accounting, Finance, Tax, Risk Management, Audit, Global Supply Chain and Strategic Procurement. We are the experts at helping our candidates take their careers to the next transforming stage.
- This company was recently ranked one of the top five fastest growing businesses by Mays Business School
- Strong and dynamic multinational energy company, led by seasoned professionals with senior executive experience in major energy and consulting firms
- Strong growth opportunity, with great exposure to different areas of the organization
- Supervise and develop revenue accounting personnel.
- Compile and analyze monthly/quarterly reports for oil and gas area level results.
- Provide monthly/quarterly variance analysis to Management.
- Supervise the recording monthly oil and gas revenues and all related entries and disbursements.
- Record, analyze and reconcile monthly revenue accruals; compare to actual results.
- Perform monthly price and volume field variance analysis.
- Provide monthly support and analysis for revenue related balance sheet accounts.
- Support ad hoc system queries.
- Review monthly accounts receivable aging
- Assist with internal and external audit requests.
- Assist with development of policies and procedures to support accounting functions.
- Identify and implement revenue accounting process and system enhancements.
- Research and resolve revenue accounting issues with partners and internal customers.
- Assist in providing revenue information for Planning and Reserve Reporting.
- Understand statutory/regulatory royalty and tax reports, prepare and file such reports and perform related reconciliations.
- Bachelor's degree required.
- A minimum of 10+ years' experience in revenue accounting.
- Demonstrated advanced technical skills in oil and gas revenue accounting.
- Ablility to translate contractual and operational processes to accounting processes and data file set-ups.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications (Excel, Word, Outlook) and the ability to extract and manipulate data are required.
- Supervisory experience with demonstrated skills in developing staff.
- Ability to manage conflict and areas of disagreement with owners, staff, agencies and internal resources.
- The ability to work in a fast-paced setting, process work rapidly, set priorities, work under pressure, and follow through with assigned tasks with limited supervision is essential.
- Must be able to work a schedule with hourly demands that will vary as departmental workload fluctuates is necessary.
- Demonstrated ability to promote creativity in team members by example, possess good organizational skills, strong attention to detail, excellent verbal and written communication skills, and self-starter.