|Job Title||Software Engineer I, 12-PIP-045|
|Location||Fort Meade, MD|
|Description||Description & Responsibilities:
The candidate will work as a software developer & integrator as part of development team which utilizes a diverse, dynamic workforce, including many experts in their fields. Specific duties include:
• Perform design, development, integration, and test duties to ensure proper operation of hardware and software platforms.
• Assist in designing components, sub-systems, and interfaces that are consistent with the requirements of a complex architecture; be able to recommend solutions to problems that arise in an operational environment.
• Integrate a wide variety of applications from various sources, integrate and ensure that they meet performance standards for stability and resource utilization.
• Adhere to accepted standards for development, including writing unit tests which provide a high percentage of code coverage, participating in peer code reviews, and conducting design reviews to ensure maximum stability and quality of code.
• Minimum three years in a technical role, working as a Software or Systems Engineer supporting systems and software architecture, development, requirements, analysis, design, process execution and evaluation, selection and evaluation of COTS/GOTS tools and test integration.
• Some familiarity with Linux
• Programming skills in C++
• Programming skills in scripting language, e.g. Ruby
• Knowledge of networking; familiarity with Networking protocols such as TCP/IP
• Comfortable with scientific methods for testing and documentation of results.
• Candidates must have good interpersonal, organizational and communication skills.
• Knowledge of SIGINT mission systems
• Familiarity with code development, test, and configuration management and collaboration tools such as ClearQuest, ClearCase, Xilinx, Synplicity, ModelSIM, MadForge, Wikis, Rally
• Experience working in Agile Engineering environment
Security: TS/SCI clearance with full scope polygraph is REQUIRED
Bachelor’s Degree in Communication Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Information Systems, Mathematics or similar degree and meets the experience requirements; or equivalent documented combination of training and experience.