|Job Title||Senior Accountant|
|Location||Eden Prairie, MN|
|Description||It's the new age of independence. And it's changing the way we live.
BE PART OF IT.
UNIVITA is dedicated to helping people live and age with independence. By providing a single place to find and manage resources which support independent living, UNIVITA makes it easier to access care and to age safely at home.
This is your opportunity to join an innovative company with a culture that promotes compassion, trust, and accountability.
ABOUT THIS OPPORTUNITY In this position, you will be responsible for moderately complex accounting activities relating to the maintenance of a complete and accurate general ledger and the resultant managerial reports for a multi-company organization. Works on complex problems where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of various factors. Possess strong communication skills to communicate financial concepts to non-financially based employees within the organization. Exercises sound judgment within broadly defined practices and policies to determine appropriate actions. Some originality in determining appropriate actions and resolving problems is required.
• Supports and manages accounting processes while prioritizing department deliverables to meet company and customer deadlines, especially month closing procedures.
• Assists in monthly close process, including (but not limited to) corporate and intercompany cash transactions, applicable revenue schedule preparation and associated accruals, intercompany revenue reporting, revenue and related metrics, miscellaneous entries, etc.
• Supports treasury functions through cash application, enterprise cash transfer posting, creation of future cash forecasts based on historical trends, assist with client account reconciliations and collections as needed, serve as primary backup for Treasury Manager.
• Prepares consulting and IT revenue invoices for Univita and associated general ledger entries; ensure correct general ledger posting for all revenue including TPA invoicing.
• Conducts continuous business process reviews and improvements associated with revenue accounting.
• Prepares assigned monthly balance sheet reconciliations.
• Researches and provides analysis on internal financial statement results.
• Supports new business initiatives by assisting Treasury Manager with revenue and payables process development and procedure documentation, including managing these processes after development.
• Supports acquisition integration of treasury and associated accounting activities, as required and needed.
• Assists with financial audit activities, including preparation of schedules and providing backup, tax provision and tax compliance information including preparation of required schedules annually.
• Handles confidential information.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Education: Bachelor’s degree in Accounting.
• Experience: 5-8 years of previous accounting experience including multi-company general ledger systems (Microsoft Dynamics Great Plains, or comparable) and executing month-end close processes.
• Intermediate system expertise including accounting software programs and Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, Access, Crystal Reports, and Power Point).
• Strong customer services skills that assist both internal and external customers.
• Detail oriented with strong documentation and organizational skills to handle multiple tasks and responsibilities.
• Strong communication skills to interact within the organization.
• Ability to work independently and also in a team setting.
• Experience: 9+ years of previous accounting experience including multi-company general ledger systems.
• Working knowledge of Cognos and experience using Share Point sites.
|Option 1: Create a New Profile|
Option 2: Login and Apply
Univita Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE/AA) and participates in E-Verify. Univita Health will not discriminate in its employment and employment-related decisions against any applicant or employee based on age, race, gender, creed, religion, national origin, disability, marital status, covered veteran status, sexual orientation, status with respect to public assistance, membership or activity on a local commission, or any other characteristic protected under state, federal, or local law.