||We are currently seeking a database administrator to provide technical support for a cloud based electronic medical record system. Further, this position requires the DBA to support the design, development and deployment of a next generation electronic medical record that will be used internationally.
Aveshka is an employee owned professional services firm dedicated to supporting our clients in areas of national interests. We provide capabilities across Cyber Security & IT, Innovative Analytic Solutions, and Policy, Planning and Preparedness. Our team fuses technology, consulting, and subject matter expertise to assist our clients in defining critical problems, developing creative and innovative approaches, and implementing tailored solutions.
- Assist transactional users resolve operational issues that include bulk in loading and data quality maintenance
- Design, implement, schedule and manage data transformation job schedules
- Work as part of a team to resolve database performance, capacity, replication issues and other distributed data issues
- Monitor production environment and set up automated processes to improve overall data productivity up to and including scripts to move, validate and transform data
- Assist report writers, power users and the development team to write or re-write queries for optimal performance. Work with outside vendors and internal team members to design or redesign new or existing databases to handle new projects
- Work as part of the database team to design, implement and document database designs and data access security to ensure overall system design does and will protect company data
Aveshka encourages collaborative communication and ongoing learning. Some of our benefits include:
100% paid benefits for our employees
Extensive training programs
Generous paid time off and much more!
• 4 years previous experience in a DBA role; health care experience strongly desired
• Strong understanding of SQL Server 2000 and 2005 along with SQL Server 2005/2008 desired
• Demonstrated commitment to database best practices
• Ability to administer, maintain, develop and implement policy and procedures to ensure the security and integrity of information housed in databases
• Previous experience with Healthcare data standards such as ICD, SNOMED, LOINC and HL7 messages strongly desired
• Advanced SQL skills including the ability to read code and modify SQL queries, able to optimize SQL queries, stellar database design skills
• Able to research and identify root causes for performance issues and implement remedies
• BS degree in computer science, or equivalent. Someone with equivalent work experience will be considered.
• US Citizen and ability to obtain a clearance