||Our client in Downtown Houston, TX is looking for a Network Support Specialist IV.
The Network Support Specialist IV will serve as technical leader and provide expert level expertise in performing design, installation, configuration and monitoring of the network infrastructure equipment. This position will provide oversight for IP address management; configuration management database; installation and maintenance of all networking equipment; planning of new network connections; complete and accurate system documentation; and monitoring and enhancements to network performance.
- Apply expert knowledge of complex CISCO network architecture design and topologies for fiber optics, ethernet and wireless networks.
- Apply expert knowledge of network troubleshooting and ability to configure CISCO network equipment.
- Apply expert knowledge of network monitoring tools including Solarwinds, CISCO Works and MARS.
- Apply expert knowledge of network security, including CISCO MARS, CISCO NAC, and CISCO ACS.
- Conduct various tests to identify and solve CISCO networking problems using various testing equipment, to include twisted pair scanners, fiber optic light meters, OTDRs, sniffers, digital multi-meters, tone generators, etc.
- Performs network diagnostics and provides solutions using diagnostic hardware and software tools.
- Gathers highly complex requirements to design reliable and scalable network architecture plans for both wired and wireless networks.
- Develops design documents, architecture definition documents and narratives describing design functions.
- Provides advanced support and administration of CISCO VoIP telecommunication systems.
- Performs analytic services for end users and departments.
- Responsible for the development and implementation of disaster recovery procedures and documentation.
- Interact with vendors in support of network troubleshooting & repairs.
- Develops advanced technical documentation for all systems.
- Relies on significant experience and judgment to perform job functions. A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected.
- Promotes safety awareness and follows safety procedures in an effort to reduce or eliminate accidents.
- Bachelor's degree in a related field, or comparable combination of education and relative experience.
- Minimum of seven (7) years of experience in networking, design & troubleshooting.
- Expert knowledge of network installation, troubleshooting and configuration; Expert knowledge of Cisco networking and VoIP systems; Expert knowledge of network security, including CISCO MARS, CISCO NAC, and CISCO ACS; Expert knowledge of testing networking problems using various testing equipment, to include twisted pair scanners, fiber optic light meters, OTDRs, sniffers, digital multi-meters, tone generators, etc.
- Extensive experience with performing analytic services for end users and departments.
- Expert ability to apply technical understanding to technical solutions. Excellent customer service and organizational skills, with good interpersonal and communication skills. Strong oral and written communication skills.
- 2 or more certifications required: Cisco CCNA; Cisco CCNA-Wireless; Cisco CCNA-VoIP, Cisco CCNP, CCIE- Switch, CCIE # Wireless, CCIE - Security.
The above job description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and standards of the position. Incumbents will follow any other instructions, and perform any other related duties, as assigned by their supervisor.
Questions? Email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org