SUMMARYPerform technical clarifications for parts as required to support Configuration Management and sales initiatives. Maintain informational exchanges and communications with all groups and organizations contributing to the fulfillment of technical clarification demands. Must have the ability to effectively handle multiple requests simultaneously and prioritize work based on schedule demands.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Perform technical clarification of parts requests. Clarification includes but not limited to the accurate documenting of assembly drawings, sub-assembly drawings, manufacturing drawings, vendor drawings, part numbers, material specifications, heat treatment specifications, general specifications and standards in preparation for quoting/ordering;
- Must exhibit high accuracy and extreme attention to detail. Data required for clarification is often scattered over multiple sources; often requiring diligence, determination and analytical thinking to locate desired information and complete task at hand;
- Expedite and prioritize parts requests, as required to meet defined demands as well as emergencies;
- Interpret customer proposal or request for quote to define all activities to meet requirements;
- Obtain technical and commercial information from the MHI factories (Document Request Forms, Technical Support Request’s, Manufacturing Authorization Form’s, etc.);
- Provide technical support for supplier Requests for Information (RFI) or other requests (written, Supplier Report of Non Conformance, Supplier Request for Information, Non Conformance Report, etc.);
- Provide support as required for Item Master entry and/or maintenance;
- Actively monitor open requests assigned to Configuration Management and track performance against targets;
- Develop new methods and processes utilizing the latest IT tools to improve work flow, data management and communications within the company. This includes but not limited to ERP, PDM and SharePoint systems;
- Support the development and improvement of processes and procedures;
- Provide support for Bill of Material (BOM) creation and/or revision;
- Provide afterhours support for emergencies;
- Minimal overnight travel (less than 10%);
- Perform other duties as assigned.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Comply with all safety policies, practices and procedures reporting all unsafe activities to Management and/or Human Resources.
- Ensure systems of record are fully utilized, maintained and are kept accurate.
- Participate in proactive team efforts to achieve departmental and company goals.
- Contribute to building a positive team spirit.
- Communicate effectively with peers and management at all levels.
- Protect confidential information by not communicating, disclosing to, or using for benefit of third parties.
- Ensure proper control of Export Controlled Data as required by MPSA policy, and federal and state laws.
- Maintain the highest degree of honesty and integrity at all times.
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS & WORK ENVIRONMENT
Regularly required to sit and talk or hear. Frequently required to stand and walk. Occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet. Hearing protection may be recommended and/or required in some areas.
||KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & EDUCATION
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience: Associate’s Degree in technical or business related field from accredited college/university or its recognized equivalent in directly related work experience. Minimum 3 years directly related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Language Skills: Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Mathematical Skills: Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, revenues, margins, and profits. Ability to apply concepts of accounting and finance.
Reasoning Ability: Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Computer Skills: Knowledge of database software; inventory software; manufacturing software; order processing systems; project management software; spreadsheet software and word processing software.