SVP, Product and Operations
TransEngen, a profitable high-growth start-up is transforming the way healthcare providers estimate and collect patient payments. As the SVP of Product & Operations you will be accountable for product strategy, product management and product development of our SaaS healthcare payments product. Additionally, you will be responsible for all operations including boarding, implementation, integration, billing and customer support. You will work closely with sales and executive management to monitor trends and define product strategy and customer success programs accordingly.
Candidates with healthcare experience are welcome, but our primary interest is in candidates with experience managing turnkey SaaS or online software products, regardless of industry. Know how to package an offering so that it’s easy to buy, implement, and support, but still feature-rich and flexible enough to satisfy customers. We want to talk to you, and think you will find the opportunity challenging and rewarding.
Responsibilities - Product
- Define and execute the strategic plan for Revenue Maximizer, including development and oversight of the product road map based on market demand, customer experience, efficiency gains, and relative cost-benefit analysis
- Listen to and communicate with customers, partners, staff, the board and all other stakeholders to validate and deliver upon a product set that is optimized for all constituents
- Use data as well as qualitative feedback to inform product enhancements
- Facilitate governance and prioritization across tactical requests, key initiatives and production support
- Manage the product development team tasked with developing and implementing product enhancements
- Ensure that all product deliverables are delivered on time and meet the needs of all cross functional departments – including internal documentation, sales and marketing content, training materials, and client-facing content
- Proactively gather information about competitors, industry and vendor solutions to identify and respond to trends
- Ensure that Revenue Maximizer is well positioned in the marketplace by collaborating with the Marketing team
- Manage relationships with strategic re-seller and white label partners
- Manage and mentor a team of business analysts / product managers
- Constructively challenge the conventional wisdom or accepted way of doing things, always looking for ways to innovate, and ultimately serving as an advocate and voice for the consumer
Responsibilities – Operations
- Responsible for managing all operational functions of the business
- Overall accountability for customer utilization, success and satisfaction
- Ensure customers on-board and are setup expediently and successfully and are utilizing the product to the fullest extent possible
- Continuously improve our operational systems, processes and policies in support of business
objectives -- specifically, management reporting, information flow and management, business process and organizational planning.
- Ensure strategic goal alignment among areas of responsibility to maximize efficiencies
and, ultimately, achieve objectives.
- Develop, recommend and implement operations improvements to continually improve performance and outcomes.
- Develop and maintain an effective organization through the selection, training,
compensation, motivation, review and goal-setting of all employees.
- Provide expertise to field sales so they accurately represent products and services to prospects and clients
- Establish departmental responsibilities, and coordinate functions among subordinates
- BS/BA required, MBA strongly preferred
- 10+ years of increasing experience and background in product management and development, with proven track record managing the full product life cycle
- Significant experience in SaaS or online services, preferably in the medium-sized business and enterprise environment
- Ability to drive research to articulate specific customer needs
- Ability to identify specific new products and features for revenue growth
- Proven ability to develop and present robust business cases and assess cost benefit of opportunities
- Experience in promoting customer service and teamwork oriented environment
- Experience in developing processes from ground floor and innovating new platforms
- Strong management and leadership skills with cross functional teams
- Expert presenter in to both internal and external audiences of all levels
- Expert “wordsmith” and “language” person that can succinctly express complicated messages
- Very capable at balancing the needs of the now (aka firefighting) with strategic vision.
- Dynamic leadership skills demonstrated by the ability to inspire and lead a diverse
team of individuals toward a common goal
- The ability to assimilate multiple points of information and come to a sound
- Demonstrated track record of continuous operational improvement