Careers at Baptist Health
Northeast Florida’s Largest Healthcare Provider
Navigator / Pediatric CVICU (FT) Wolfson Campus
- Job Title
- Navigator / Pediatric CVICU (FT) Wolfson Campus
- Jacksonville, FL
- Other Location
Recognized as one of America's Best Children's Hospitals by U.S. News & World Report, Wolfson Children's Hospital is the only full-service tertiary hospital for children in the region, serving North Florida, South Georgia and beyond. In addition to providing the best pediatric care, as evidenced by Wolfson's selection as one of only two children's hospitals in Florida to receive Magnet™ status in 2007, Wolfson Children's Hospital is a growing center of research and a leading teaching hospital dedicated to training tomorrow's pediatric doctors, nurses and technical staff.
Working at Baptist Health can help you create the well-rounded career you've always wanted. Baptist Health employees enjoy a greater work-life balance. We offer scheduling and specialty options, on-site amenities and more educational and career opportunities. We believe providing better care at Baptist Health begins with taking care of our employees.
Wolfson Children's Hospital is the only pediatrics only hospital located in the region and is one of Florida's leading children's hospitals. As one of only two children's hospitals in Florida to receive Magnet status, Wolfson is a regional referral center for tertiary pediatric care. Centrally located on the beautiful St. Johns River, Wolfson is a part of Baptist Health, which was recently named one of the 100 Best Places to Work in Healthcare in the U.S. by Modern Healthcare. The hospital is located close to the shops and fine dining of the historic San Marco area and is also near sports stadiums, theater and music venues, and museums.
Private intensive care rooms are monitored around the clock while offering patients and families privacy and peace of mind. Centrally located nursing stations ensure our critical care staff is close to each patient's room for one-on-one care.
The PICU at Wolfson Children's Hospital also provides:
- An Extracorporeal Memebrane Oxgentation (ECMO) Service
- State-of-the-art life support and monitoring technologies
- Quick access to subspecialty care by physicians affiliated with Nemours Children's Clinic, the University of Florida/Jacksonville and Mayo Clinic Florida including:
- Emergency medical transport (ground and air)
· Provides staff orientation and development, and patient and family education.
· Assesses needs and implements change to arrive at best practice.
· Coordinates clinical preceptorships for hospital personnel and/or students based upon assessment of needs. Participates as needed in classroom orientation.
· Enhances staff development by role modeling, facilitating educational projects, applying principles of adult learning theory.
· Demonstrates professionalism by developing, facilitating, and/or accomplishing skills and programs that reflect state of the art pediatric nursing practice
· Assists in organizing staff development and ongoing education.
· Chair educational committees/units
· Be available for bedside teaching, real-time and practical expertise
· Maintain education records
· Assist staff in developing unit specific skills and maintain competencies
· Masters of Nursing required
· Specialty CV certifications required
· At Least 3 years Experience in Clinical Specialty of CV
· 2-3 years Pediatric Critical Care experience to include cardiac care
· Clinical experience/expertise in bedside care for cardiac patient
· Licensed Registered Nurse
ACLS, PALS, BLS
Specialty Certification in Pediatrics or Critical Care (or obtained within 1 year after employment)