Careers at Baptist Health
Northeast Florida’s Largest Healthcare Provider
Director of Surgical Services
- Job Title
- Director of Surgical Services
- Jax Beach, FL
- Other Location
Providing Jacksonville's beach communities with a comprehensive range of high-tech health care services close to home, Baptist Beaches is a full-service Magnet™medical center with 146 private patient rooms. Located just a half-mile from the Atlantic Ocean, and a few blocks west of State Road A1A, our hospital campus includes the Wilson/Epstein Center for Diagnostic and Rehabilitative Services, Baptist Beaches Surgery Center, Wilson Cancer Care Center, and physician office buildings.
Working at Baptist Health can help you create the well-rounded career you've always wanted. Baptist Health employees enjoy a greater work-life balance. We offer scheduling and specialty options, on-site amenities and more educational and career opportunities. We believe providing better care at Baptist Health begins with taking care of our employees.
- BSN is Required
- Masters Degree in Nursing is Required
- 3+ years of Director level experience
- ACLS & BLS
- CNOR Highly Preferred
- 3 -5 years of experience in surgical services setting
- Florida RN License or Eligibility
- Experience with EMRs (Cerna a Plus)
- Job Description:
Baptist Beaches is seeking a full time Director of Surgical Services. This position is responsible for 24 hr per day assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation of nursing care for the Operating Room, Out Patient Surgery Center, ENDO and ASU/PACU units. The Director is responsible for interviewing, orientation, management and continued training of assigned personnel. This position is accountable for the efficient, effective delivery of patient care in a safe and cost effective manner in accordance with the health system's mission statement. Additional responsibilities include:
- Assess and analyze the feasibility of new services, treatments, and technologies including profile of successful programs, required resources, cost/benefit analysis and program concept.
- Develop strategies to maximize the efficiency of surgical services and provide recommendations regarding practice around patient flow, work practice/hours, and referral patterns.
- Provide leadership, direction, and support to the manager and assistant nurse managers to provide quality, cost efficient care.
- Prepare, analyze, and present reports and recommendations to senior leadership regarding operations and/or other applicable areas in order to provide concise and accurate information that aids in decision-making (ie. Turnover times, first case starts, block scheduling overtime costs, vacancy and turnover rates)
- Maintain/enhance the organizational culture during the periods of constant change in healthcare.
- Develop an effective Surgical Services five year strategic plan with a focus on increasing volume and financials.
STATs from FY 2011 (Oct-Sept):
- 4508 inpatient/outpatient surgeries: Main OR
- 936 outpatient surgeries (Jan-Sept): ASC
- 2219 endoscopy cases
- 6 OR suites and one Cysto in the hospital proper
- ASC has 3 OR suites
- Prep and Sterile in both
Surgical Services 33.47
Surgery Center 9.80
For immediate consideration, email your CV to Dina DeMarco at Dina.DeMarco@bmcjax.com; or call 904.694.4201.