Careers at Baptist Health
Northeast Florida’s Largest Healthcare Provider
RN Educator - Peds CVICU/Cogenital Heart, FT, Wolfson
- Job Title
- RN Educator - Peds CVICU/Cogenital Heart, FT, Wolfson
- Jacksonville, FL
- Other Location
Recognized as one of America's Best Children's Hospitals by U.S. News & World Report, Wolfson Children's Hospital is the only full-service tertiary hospital for children in the region, serving North Florida, South Georgia and beyond. In addition to providing the best pediatric care, as evidenced by Wolfson's selection as one of only two children's hospitals in Florida to receive Magnet™ status in 2007, Wolfson Children's Hospital is a growing center of research and a leading teaching hospital dedicated to training tomorrow's pediatric doctors, nurses and technical staff.
Working at Baptist Health can help you create the well-rounded career you've always wanted. Baptist Health employees enjoy a greater work-life balance. We offer scheduling and specialty options, on-site amenities and more educational and career opportunities. We believe providing better care at Baptist Health begins with taking care of our employees.
- Provides staff orientation and development, and patient and family education.
- Assesses needs and implements change to arrive at best practice.
- Coordinates clinical preceptorships for hospital personnel and/or students based upon assessment of needs.
- Participates as needed in classroom orientation.
- Enhances staff development by role modeling, facilitating educational projects, applying principles of adult learning theory.
- Demonstrates professionalism by developing, facilitating, and/or accomplishing skills and programs that reflect state of the art pediatric nursing practice
- Assists in organizing staff development and ongoing education.
- Chair educational committees/units
- Be available for bedside teaching, real-time and practical expertise
- Maintain education records
- Assist staff in developing unit specific skills and maintain competencies
- Masters of Nursing required
- Specialty CV certifications required
- At Least 3 years Experience in Clinical Specialty of CV
- 2-3 years Pediatric Critical Care experience to include cardiac care
- Clinical experience/expertise in bedside care for cardiac patient
- Licensed Registered Nurse
- ACLS, PALS, BLS
- Specialty Certification in Pediatrics or Critical Care (or obtained within 1 year after employment)