Career Evolutions is searching for an experienced Sr. Windows System Administrator for a fast-growing premier private university in Phoenix AZ. This position is full-time direct-hire position with salary DOE (depends on experience) and great benefit package including medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, flexible spending accounts, 401K savings plan, Education Tuition Program of up to 100% of tuition costs and a generous holiday and paid time off package.
This role will be responsible for provisioning, daily operations, installation/configuration, and maintenance of application software and systems hardware within server and storage infrastructure. This role will ensure that system hardware, operating systems, software systems, and related procedures adhere to industry best practices, compliance and business objectives.
This position will manage the trending and analysis process for Windows and Linux systems within the enterprise and periodically participate in other IT-related projects as a project team member.
System Admin and Provisioning
Operations and Support
- Install new / rebuild existing servers and configure hardware, peripherals, services, settings, directories, storage, etc. in accordance with standards and project/operational requirements.
- Engineering of SA-related solutions for various operational and project needs.
- Develop and maintain installation and configuration procedures.
- Contribute to and maintain system standards.
- Research and recommend innovative, and where possible automated approaches for system administration tasks.
- Perform daily backup operations, ensuring all required file systems and system data are successfully backed up to the appropriate media, recovery tapes or disks are created, and media is recycled and sent off site as necessary.
- Perform daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all hardware, server resources, systems and key processes, reviewing system and application logs, and verifying completion of scheduled jobs such as backups.
- Perform regular storage capacity audits and archival or purge data as necessary.
- Investigate and troubleshoot issues.
- Repair and recover from hardware or software failures.
- Provide after hours on-call support.
- Maintain operational, configuration, or other procedures.
- Apply OS patches and upgrades on a regular basis, and upgrade administrative tools and utilities.
- Configure / add new services as necessary.
- Perform periodic performance reporting to support capacity planning.
- Perform ongoing performance tuning, hardware upgrades, and resource optimization as required. Configure CPU, memory, and disk partitions as required.
- Maintain data center environmental and monitoring equipment.
- Responsibilities sometimes require working evenings and weekends, sometimes with little advanced notice.
- Monday through Friday, 8am to 5pm.
- No regular travel required.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information systems, engineering or other related field
- 4 to 6 years system administration experience
- Systems Administration/System Engineer certification in Microsoft and Linux RedHat
- Strong Customer Service attitude
- Enterprise experience