|Job Title||HSE Coordinator|
Health, Safety and Environmental (HS&E) professional needed to promote (HS&E) culture for a global oil & gas equipment manufacturer and service provider by assisting with the implementation of core HSE programs, policies and initiatives. Provides solid, independent contribution with all aspects of the HSE program and completes work independently on assignments involving varied and complex issues without direct day-to-day supervision. Expected to solve complex issues and make modifications as needed in order to complete functional and/or project goals within budgetary and scope constraints. Expected to complete individual tasks but will have project team responsibilities while effectively teaching to other employees within the organization. Support and lead the Subsea Services Business Unit by cultivating a strong safety perception and behavior around safety through teaching, leading and one-on-one contact.
Education & Experience:
BA/BS degree in safety-related field or similar discipline with a minimum of 10 years experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Professional certification in BSCP preferred, and/or experience in the following:
• Providing HSE support in Subsea operations onshore and offshore;
• Implementing components of an HSE Management System;
• Providing technical expertise on various HSE programs for the business;
• Leading HSE incident investigations as needed;
• Ability to train, mentor and develop less experience HSE staff;
• Developing or reviewing internal standards and policies based on relevant laws and regulations;
• Analyzing HSE performance trends and developing HSE improvement plans;
• Recognizing organizational impact of non-compliance to laws and regulations as well as internal guidelines and make corrective recommendations;
• Ability to facilitate and or develop HSE training programs;
• Effectively interfacing with employees at all organizational levels;
• Leading safety committee meetings and knowledgeable of general environmental programs such as Storm Water Pollution Prevention, Spill Prevention Control and countermeasures and waste classification.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills with ability to effectively communicate;
• Able to participate in cross-functional project teams and managed critical timelines with the goal to streamline and provide critical customer;
• Able to work closely with co-workers from multiple-nationalities;
• Strong focus on accuracy and attention to detail;
• Ability to coach younger HSE professionals;
• Able to effectively persuade and influence the broader organization regarding concepts, policies, compliance and risks;
• Ability to train and educate others;
• Able to maintain and protect confidentiality;
• Prepare and deliver somewhat complex proposals and reports to any audience;
• Must have a high degree of concentration in a busy area;
• Self motivated and able to expedite work to its conclusion without supervision;
• Able to give and receive constructive and candid feedback; and
• Capable of preparing and presenting complex proposals and presentations.
Technical Skills & Programs:
• Proficient in applicable software applications including MS Office (Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint);
• Subject matter expert in the following functional HSE programs such as:
Incident Investigation and Reporting
Root Cause Analysis
Behavior-Based Safety (BBS)
Job Safety Analysis (JSA)
Industrial Hygiene monitoring
Risk Assessment (Hazard Identification [HAZID] or Hazard Operability [HAZOP] studies
Ability to work in a fast paced, multi-tasking environment
Advanced analytical and problem solving skills related to functional areas and understanding impact to the overall business
Must be able to rely on minimal instructions and pre-established guidelines and timetables to perform the functions of the job
Ability to work under pressure and with time constraints
Ability to meet deadlines and manage priorities
Possesses ingenuity and initiative to coordinate problem resolution and
Ability to predict the effects of changes in operating programs
Related regulatory requirements as well as corporate compliance. Refresher training may also be required as needed in the following programs:
• Behavior-Based Safety (START Program);
• Incident Investigation;
Storm Water Pollution & Prevention (SWPPP) or equivalent;
Spill Prevention Control & Countermeasures (SPCC) or equivalent
There is potential of multiple direct reports as responsibilities increase.
SCOPE OF RESPONSIBILITIES / ACCOUNTABILITY:
• Leading HSE oversight within Subsea Services in refurbishment of subsea drilling equipment, assembly and testing in the oil & gas service industries;
• Leading monthly volunteer safety committee meetings and Emergency Response Team meetings/ trainings;
• Leading and completing HSE incident investigations and reports, as needed; may accompany an injured employee for treatment and medical evaluation;
• Participating in incident investigations and contributing to formal Root Cause Analysis teams;
• Leading and/or participating in tool box safety meetings, safety stand downs, etc.;
• Serves as a mentor or coach to less experienced HSE Coordinators enabling them to achieve their professional goals;
• Monitoring, maintaining and enforcing HSE management system, programs and policies;
• Supporting compliance with all related regulations as well as corporate compliance requirements;
• Providing internal notifications of HSE incidents;
• Coaching with respect to JSAs, at-risk activities, unsafe conditions and safety improvement opportunities;
• Participating as company representative at customer-sponsored HSE forums;
• Providing contractor and supplier support for HSE related topics;
• Participating in HAZID/HAZOP studies related to internal or customer projects;
• Providing HSE data and statistics for internal reporting;
• Facilitating HSE training programs;
• Participating in customer site visits and supplier HSE audits;
• Participating in corporate special emphasis programs and compliance HSE Management System Audits at domestic and international locations;
• Communicates and reinforces the company vision, values and goals and
• Acting as a steward of leadership through mentoring, coaching and complying with HR policies and procedures.
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
The work environment and physical demands described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: Describe general working conditions (i.e. noise level, temperature, around heavy machinery)
• Works in office environment approximately 60% of the time using standard office equipment;
• Spends time in shop assembly environments 40% of the time, which involves moderate exposure to high noise levels, heavy machinery and heavy forklift traffic;
• The ability to work in the workshop & yard area in an environment with dirt, grease and dust;
• At times will work in extreme hot and cold weather;
• May require occasional handling of equipment or extended periods of standing and/or walking;
• Occasional travel offshore as required (<10%);
• Local travel between local FMC locations, contractors and customer locations to correspond to HSE issues and
• Intermittent international and domestic travel as project or company needs is identified.
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITY AREAS:
Identify the major duties and tasks accomplished by this position. For each duty, identify if it is an E - essential function or N - nonessential function of the job.
E High focus on HSE culture and initiatives.
E Ensure regulatory compliance - compliance with Federal, State, Local and Corporate requirements relating to training, recordkeeping, permits, reports, policy and procedures and other related compliance issues.
E Trains, monitors and coaches employees to improve skill level to ensure adherence to principles, policies and standards of HSE processes in a reliable and cost-effective manner.
E Participates in accident investigations, problem resolution, customer notification and appropriate feedback (positive and corrective) within the teams and sites.
E Conducts reviews of safety and environmental requirements and prepares departmental summaries for customer quote and bid packages.
E Provides support in compiling data and evaluating statistics for internal customer project teams, management, federal and state agencies.
E Provides support for corporate HSE compliance cycle audits to ensure problem resolution and overall HSE compliance.
E Responsible for reporting and completing documentation on work related injuries that are classified as workers' compensation.
E Integrate corporate HSE requirements with customer requirements.
Develop controls for identified hazards -coordinate the implementation of controls from results of hazard analysis. Measure and evaluate the effectiveness of the hazard control system, policies, and procedures and recommend changes that reflect improved opportunities to eliminate work place incidents and injuries.
E Interface with Corporate staff and assist in HSE audits off-site.
E Mitigate corporate exposure to regulatory fines and liabilities.
E Prepares documentation, information and communications as required
E Able to completely work independently on assignments involving varied and complex issues without direct supervision and act as subject matter expert.
E Perform other related duties as directed that correspond to the overall function of this position.
This job description is a general description of essential job functions. It is not intended as an employment contract, nor is it intended to describe all duties someone in this position may perform. All employees are expected to perform tasks as assigned by supervisory personnel, regardless of job title or routine job duties.
We specialize in finding the best of the best. Meet some of our top professionals. One may just be your next team member.
See featured candidates
Search open positions and learn what it’s like to work with us.
View current positions