Human Resource Generalist
- Job Title
- Human Resource Generalist
- Job ID
- Begin Date
- Woodbury, MN
- Other Location
JOB SUMMARY: Continually strives to provide the best customer service possible to all clients. Focuses on ensuring that all employees are treated in a fair and equitable manner and makes certain employee issues/situations are handled consistently company-wide. Provides advice and support to managers and supervisors regarding various human resource matters. Recommends new approaches, policies, procedures and services for continual improvement in the efficiency of the HR Department and the HR Client Services business unit.
Continually strives to provide the best customer service possible to all clients.
- Ensures that all employees are treated in a fair and equitable manner while also making certain that the company is protected against liability.
- Provides advice, support, training and direction to leaders regarding employee issues/situations, company policies and courses of action. Consults with and plans courses of action with the Director, Human Resources to ensure that actions taken are consistent with other departments company-wide.
- Creates all employee corrective action notices for assigned business units.
- Along with the department manager or supervisor, directs employee disciplinary and termination meetings. Under the guidance of the Director, Human Resources performs employee terminations with department manager or supervisor. Provides necessary coaching to managers and supervisors prior to meetings taking place.
- Performs all exit interviews.
- Perform necessary duties to assist with recruitment initiatives.
- Conducts initial HR orientation sessions for all new employees in assigned business units.
- Processes and manages all workers’ compensation claims. Files the 1st Report of Injury and works closely with the insurance company regarding any claim questions or issues.
- Creates, processes and maintains all FMLA and Personal Leave of Absence paperwork.
- Expertly delivers employee programs to managers and supervisors. Examples include quarterly training programs, company policy updates, employee recognition programs, etc.
- Participates in the development and achievement of department goals, objectives and systems.
- Recommends new approaches, policies, procedures and services for continual improvement in the efficiency of the HR Department and the HR Client Services business unit.
- Assists the Director, Human Resources with other duties that may be assigned.
- Minimum of Associate Degree required.
- Minimum of 4 years of progressively responsible human resources experience.
- Intermediate to advanced MS Office Suite skills.
- Ability to handle confidential information.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent accuracy and attention to detail.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Ability to work in a context of ongoing transition.
- Ability to organize and prioritize multiple tasks.
- Internally motivated, driven and able to work independently.
- Demonstrated ability working with cross-functional work teams toward project completion.
- Excellent deductive reasoning skills.
Option 1: Create a New Profile
Univita Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE/AA) and participates in E-Verify. Univita Health will not discriminate in its employment and employment-related decisions against any applicant or employee based on age, race, gender, creed, religion, national origin, disability, marital status, covered veteran status, sexual orientation, status with respect to public assistance, membership or activity on a local commission, or any other characteristic protected under state, federal, or local law.