Enterprise Architects work with stakeholders, leadership and subject matter experts, to build a holistic view of the organization's strategy, processes, information, and information technology assets. The role of the Enterprise Architect is to take this knowledge and ensure that the business and IT are in alignment. The enterprise architect links the business mission, strategy, and processes of an organization to its IT strategy, and documents this, using multiple architectural models or views that show how the current and future needs of an organization will be met in an efficient, sustainable, agile, and adaptable manner.
Enterprise architects operate across organizational and computing "silos" to drive common approaches and expose information assets and processes across the enterprise. Their goal is to deliver an architecture that supports the most efficient and secure IT environment meeting a company's business needs.
Delivered successfully, enterprise architecture has the potential to allow both the Business and IT strategies to enable and drive each other. Therefore, effective enterprise architecture may be regarded as one of the key means to achieving competitive advantage through information technology.
- Alignment of IT strategy and planning with our client’s business goals.
- Long-term strategic responsibility for the company's IT systems.
- Work with peers to provide a consensus-based enterprise solution that is scalable, adaptable and in synchronization with ever changing business needs and technology improvements.
- Direct or indirect involvement in the development of policies, standards and guidelines that direct the selection, development, implementation and use of Information Technology within the enterprise.
- Promotion of shared infrastructure and applications to reduce costs and improve information flows.
- Ensure that projects do not duplicate functionality or diverge from each other as well as business and IT strategies.
- Work with engineers to build knowledge and skills in specific areas of expertise in order to provide the appropriate depth in all areas of networking.
- Research new technologies and equipment; develop technical specifications for new products and services as the resident expert in collaboration with other team members.
- The individual will be articulating & presenting the architectural vision to various levels within the organization to get buy in.
- Will be responsible for taking a product or solution from concept to operation both in terms of network technology and supporting systems acting and driving all parts of the project process.
- Develop architecture plans that include but not limited to defining product parameters, network architecture, vendor equipment, routing and switching policies and customer policies by analyzing product requirements versus equipment and human resource capabilities.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent required degree in IT or related field preferred.
- 5-10 years of experience in lead engineering or architecture role with VoIP and unified communications architectures and technologies.
- CCIE Voice certification is preferred, skillset is necessary.
- Cisco Voice Specializations are desirable.
- Must have expert level understanding of QoS, DSCP, and voice implementations on data networks from a QoS perspective.
- Must have expert level experience with Cisco Unified Communications Manager.
- Must have significant experience with Cisco Unity, Unity Connection, and/or Unity Express.
- Experience with PSTN access engineering; SIP trunking, PRI, T1 CASE and higher is required.
- Significant experience with H323, SIP, MGCP and skinny is required.
- Experience with large-scale dial plan engineering is required.
- Must have significant experience with Cisco UCCX and UCCE.
- Experience with scripting in UCCX and UCCE is desirable but not required.
- Experience with Cisco Emergency Responder, Cisco Unified Presence, and Cisco MeetingPlace is desirable but not required.
- Experience with gatekeepers, SIP proxies, and other SIP components are desired.
- Experience with Linux and basic scripting skills are desirable.
- Significant understanding of BGP, OSPF, EIGRP, VRF, HSRP, IPSEC site to site VPNs, NAT, and other layer 3 technologies is desirable.
- Significant understanding of Frame Relay, PPP, MLPPP, MPLS, STP, LACP, LAGs, trunks, 802.1q and other layer two technologies is desirable.
- Must be able to diagnose and resolve complex routing issues, congestion problems, hardware and software failures that get escalated.
- Must have excellent customer service and presales engineering skillsets
- Must have significant experience working complex projects from beginning to end.
- Systems thinking – the ability to see how all aspects of technology interacts (and the related interdependencies) with other groups within the organization.
- Interpersonal and leadership skills – collaboration, facilitation, and negotiation skills.
- Emotional intelligence – self-awareness, confidence, ability to skillfully negotiate through situations with differing perspectives.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and spoken.
- Knowledge of IT governance and operations (ITIL).