If you are seeing this message, you are using Internet Explorer 8 (IE8), a version of IE that we no longer support. Please upgrade IE
, turn off compatibility mode or use Chrome
to view this site.
.5 Special Education Teacher, K-2 - Utah Virtual Academy
||You know that your kids have something special inside them. We know it, too. The Utah Virtual Academy and K¹² ignite the minds of children like yours to bring learning and innate possibility alive. Together, we are helping Utah students in grades K-12 reach their true, personal potential.
The Utah Virtual Academy and K¹² give Utah kids in grades K-12 the chance to learn in the ways that are right for them. UTVA offers:
- The award-winning K¹² curriculum
- Full-time, tuition-free online public school option
- An active, supportive school community
- A range of extracurricular activities
- A robust Advanced Learner Program
- Books, materials, and loaner computer system (grades K-6)
- The only statewide virtual public charter school in the state to offer the complete K¹² experience
- Students graduate with a high school diploma that meets all state requirements.
.5 Special Education Teacher, K-2
Utah Virtual Academy
Utah Virtual Academy is seeking a highly qualified and motivated .5 Special Education Teacher, K-2 to work in an innovative environment. Virtual Teachers are part of a national pioneering effort in public education. Our K-2 Special Education Teacher should therefore share the school's entrepreneurial spirit and passion to provide students with a world class educational program that blends virtual with face to face instruction.
Teaching in a virtual charter school requires a strong educational background and a firm commitment to our innovative model. This will ensure that all of our teachers can provide constant support and face-to-face meetings if necessary to our families.
As part of their regular teaching responsibilities, Teachers are expected to fulfill duties in the following areas:
Instruction and Student Achievement
- Learn the K¹² curriculum for assigned grade levels
- Demonstrate knowledge of state standards and testing requirements
- Research and create lessons that complement/supplement the K¹² curriculum
- Assess student academic progress, performance and attendance in the K¹² Online School
- Provide students and parents with regular feedback regarding student performance and progress
- Support students with special needs, including participation on IEP teams
- Prepare students for standardized tests and proctor site-based exams
Virtual Instructional Environment
- Create and manage home office
- Establish relationships with families
- Organize orientation, training, social and educational activities for students and families
- Build community by contributing to school message boards, newsletter and events
- Participate in staff meetings and professional development sessions
- Meets state's Highly Qualified Teacher requirements
- Bachelor's degree
- 3+ years of teaching experience at the K-2 level
- Utah state teacher certification in Special Education
- Ability to support and guide adults, as well as students
- Strong communication, organization and time-management skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook and the Internet
- Flexible schedule with the ability to travel throughout the state
- Experience in a charter school or school of choice environment preferred
- Ability to learn new technology tools quickly (e.g., database and web-based tools)
| ||The job you have chosen is no longer accepting applications. Please return to Search Jobs to view our other great opportunities !