The job you're applying for is not longer accepting applications; please search our other great opportunities!
- Job Title
- Assistant Cook/Server
- Job ID
- Dallas, TX 75204
- Other Location
Job Summary:Assist the executive chef in preparing and serving daily meals for a community of 100-120 residents. Daily food donations and limited budgets in this non-profit environment demand a creative and reactive cooking staff. The ideal candidate is willing to use a variety of ingredients in a creative way to insure nutritious options are offered to residents at each meal.
- Responsible for preparing and serving lunch and dinner on weekend shift.
- Responsible for advance prep for Monday meals.
- Responsible for proper storage and labeling of all leftover food.
Other Job Duties:
- Assure compliance with all health rules and regulations
- Maintain daily temperature log for refrigerators and freezers
- Coordinate weekend food service volunteers
- Minimum one-year institutional cooking experience and/or equivalent training
- Willingness to work with no standardized recipes.
- Ability to work with minimum supervision.
- Flexible work schedule
10:30am - 7:30pm, Every other Saturday/Sunday and occasional weekdays.