||DESCRIPTION OF THE POSITION:
Seeking a Senior Developer for division in Irvine, CA to help build the newly redesigned web site of its core products and applications. The position will report to the Dev Manager of the division and will be part of the team, or leading the team, of building the UI for the applications of the division.
MINIMUM EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
Candidates for this position must have practical experience with the following:
• Minimum 4 years Object Oriented software design and architecture experience of using best practice (from Microsoft), design patterns, software framework development.
• Extensive knowledge and understanding of MVC architecture
• Good understanding of Service Oriented Architecture and have practical experience of implementing SOA in .NET.
• Hands-on experience with .Net Framework 3.5/4.0 and Microsoft technologies of WCF, and WPF
• Knowledge of relational database design and development, preferable SQL Server 2008/2005/2000.
• Excellent experience of using IDE like Visual Studio .NET (2003/2005/2008/2010).
• Experienced using team collaboration tools/source control programs, preferably Team Foundation Server w/Visual Source Safe.
• Familiar with the structure and operation of Microsoft Internet Information Server (6.0 and higher), Windows 2003 Application Server, Microsoft SQL Server 2005, etc.
• Display a high degree of inquisitiveness and an eagerness to learn at a detailed and abstract level.
• Highly self-motivated with a strong business sense to capture and fulfill the business requirements for all products and articulate in an architecture model.
• Communication: Candidate must possess strong written and verbal communication skills; also have to be good team player.
The UI Developer position is responsible for building high quality front-end features for the company and its associated sites and platform. The UI Developer will work closely with product managers, UX designers, software developers and testers to achieve this outcome within an agile software development framework. It is the UI Developer’s responsibility to deliver and maintain global styles, plus web and accessibility standards across the various sites that make up the company. This role involves developing templates and pages for applications.
CANDIDATES’ RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE (NOT LIMITED TO):
1. Assist in producing UI Framework architecture artifacts for the application web sites,
2. Produce software design, technical specification based on approved architecture,
3. Build the pages of the user interface using aforementioned technologies. Write and test the code.
4. Work with middle tier developers to connect the UI with the backend platform and translate data objects into UI controls and render in the web pages.
5. Ensure consistency in UI code and if necessary conduct code review of UI implementation
6. Implement critical piece of software on any important architecture, e.g., reusable proof-of-concept,
7. Implement the company’s product development methodology in the development environment to ensure an iterative process is followed,
8. Deliver products within an aggressive timetable.
• Experience with utilizing Microsoft Team Foundation Server and Microsoft Team System as a tool for Application Lifecycle Management is a plus
• Must have experience with implementing and utilizing iterative product development methodologies. The following methodologies will be considered: RUP, SCRUM, Agile, or other iterative processes