Application DeveloperThe position will be responsible for maintaining and updating our proprietary software and web applications. The position requires knowledge of systems engineering life-cycles and processes, technology evaluations, technology risk assessment, and security. Reporting directly to the Director of I.T., and having a close working relationship with other functional staff members. Key responsibilities include:
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Design and implement enhancements to custom-built software applications using VB.NET.
- Diagnose and resolve issues with existing software systems and workflows.
- Follow coding and documentation best-practices and standards.
- Write T-SQL queries, stored procedures, triggers, and views in SQL Server 2008.
- Create and design reports using Crystal Reports.
- Evaluating and implementing ways to incorporate existing or new technologies
- Working with other IT specialists both internally and externally
- Providing written documentation for users
- Observing, testing, diagnosing and fixing faults in the proprietary software
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Information Systems or related field
- 3 years experience programming with VB.NET and MS SQL Server
- Proficient with MS Office products
- Ability to design and create customized business reports using Crystal Reports
- Good team player with strong verbal and written communication skills, emphasizing end-user satisfaction
- High tolerance to stress with the ability to multi-task while meeting ongoing deadlines
- Willingness to learn new systems