||Reproductive Partners Medical Group (RPMG) is a group of leading Southern California fertility doctors, internationally and nationally recognized for our successs in IVF - in vitro fertilization, egg freezing and other fertility treatments for women and men. Many of our physicians and staff members at RPMG have been helping couples achieve their dream of completing their family for well over 20 years and are responsible for thousands of births resulting from assisted reproductive technology.
Practice Manager/Operations Manager
As the La Jolla Practice Manager, you will be responsible for maintaining and improving the operational efficiency and controls of the business through the effective performance of your daily responsibilities. Working under the direction of the Medical Director, you will collaborate with and report to the Executive Director of the practice to facilitate revenue growth and participate in the strategic planning and the financial and budgetary processes. In addition to supervising non-clinical staff and being responsible for general Human Resources duties, you will also serve as an overarching operations consultant providing support to the practice and ensuring that Reproductive Partners are set up to comply with federal and state regulations.
- Oversee day-to-day non-clinical operations of the practice and laboratory department managers with their respective department operations.
- Supervise administrative, financial, call center, reception and sales/marketing staff.
- Qualitative and quantitative reporting to analyze the overall operation of the practice (e.g., New Patient Reporting, New Patient Retention, Patient Satisfaction, Department QA/QC, Financial, Sales/Marketing, etc.).
- Organization, agenda and minutes of leadership meetings.
- Handle all patient complaints in collaboration with department managers.
- Collaborate with each department manager on Human Resources issues and directly responsible for general HR duties (e.g., Payroll, LOA, Disability, Workers' Compensation, etc.).
- Assist and support department managers for recruitment, selection, retention and training of clinical and non-clinical practice personnel to maximize profits and to minimize turnover.
- Monitor staff levels to ensure that they are appropriate for the delivery of the highest quality services.
- Develop and maintain non-clinical job descriptions and policies and procedures.
- Assist the leadership team in maintaining high standards of staff performance by coaching, mentoring, counseling, planning, monitoring and appraising job results.
- Credential physicians and allied health professionals as required.
- Collaborate and maintain the coordination, communication, and overall operations among ancillary providers or services (e.g., Kaiser Permanente, Naval Medical Center — Balboa, Chinese Collaboration, UCSD, etc.).
- Perform non-clinical process improvement efforts yielding better operational flow, operational revenue, and efficient processes.
- Collaborate with department managers with ongoing Quality Improvement and Risk Management initiatives.
- Initiate, coordinate, and enforce non-clinical practice operational policies, procedures, and HIPAA and safety standards.
- Assist and support in the external audit process such as laboratory, credentialing and licensure processes (e.g., FDA, CLIA, OSHA, etc.), and ensure compliance with all state and federal requirements.
- Evaluate need for non-clinical capital expenditure and monitor expenditure levels.
- Control non-clinical budgeted overhead and assist Clinical Manager and Laboratory Manager in addressing any inefficiencies of the practice.
- Assist Executive Director as required in negotiations between the practice and all vendors and service contractors to ensure the highest level of return for the practice consistent with services rendered.
- Maintain manager and physician confidence and protect operations by keeping all patient and sensitive practice information confidential.
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration or other relevant field required; Master's degree in Business or Healthcare Administration preferred.
- Fertility Industry experience preferred. Clinical degree or work experience in out-patient services preferred.
- Minimum 1-3 years supervisory/management experience in healthcare; physician practice management preferred.
- Computer literacy required. Ability to access, input, and retrieve information from a computer and proficiency with a variety of hardware and software applications.
- Process improvement experience.
- Ability to work as part of a multi-disciplinary team and promote team building.
- Verbal and written abilities to communicate accurately and concisely.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to build and maintain effective working relationships.
We value our employees’ time and efforts. Our commitment to your success is enhanced by our competitive salary, depending on experience and an extensive benefits package including paid time off, medical, dental and vision benefits and future growth opportunities within the company. Plus, we work to maintain the best possible environment for our employees, where people can learn and grow with the company. We strive to provide a collaborative, creative environment where each person feels encouraged to contribute to our processes, decisions, planning and culture.