There’s a reason Insperity ranks No. 1 on Houston Business Journal’s list of Best Places to Work.As a trusted advisor to America’s best businesses for more than 25 years, Insperity provides an array of human resource and business solutions designed to help improve business performance. In addition, we provide the client company and their worksite employees with a wide array of value-added benefits and services.
Want to work for us and find out why?
Insperity offers a competitive compensation package and one of the best benefits packages in the business, including 19 days paid time off, 8 paid holidays, medical, dental and vision benefits, 401k and tuition reimbursement. We work to maintain the best possible environment for our employees where people can learn and grow with the company. We strive to provide a collaborative, creative environment where each person feels encouraged to contribute to our processes, decisions, planning and culture.
At Insperity, our work environment and our commitment to our employees’ personal and professional success are the reasons we’ve been regarded as one of the “Best Places to Work” for 10 years running.
SAFETY SERVICES MANAGER
Under general supervision, surveys and analyzes problems of prospective and existing Emerging and Mid-market clients, as assigned. Identifies, evaluates and appraises conditions for clients experiencing loss problems and prepares suitable recommendations. Decision-making is extensive, guided by policy and objective while focused on daily operations with significant influence on sales and customer service. Delivers professional and technical safety consulting services to a variety of clients; identifies loss issues; trains clients; makes recommendations for creating and maintaining a safe work environment; and provides consulting services to Insperity personnel regarding occupational health and safety issues.
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Provides technical safety services to prospective and assigned Emerging and Mid-Market clients and ensures adherence to Company and Department standards, policies and guidelines.
- Plans, implements and coordinates the administration of loss prevention safety procedures and return to work programs at existing client locations.
- Oversees Emerging/Mid-Market client surveys, reviews, program structures and safety manuals within assigned territory.
- Acts as a liaison between the Property and Casualty Products and Services Department and moderate to high-risk businesses.
- Performs inspections of Houston, Dallas, San Antonio, Austin and Baton Rouge area client locations when needed. Assists clients to improve and maintain proper safety standards for their industry including special needs. Provides safety education and awareness resources.
- Acts as a coordinator with Regional Managers for assigned emerging and mid-market clients located outside of the personally serviced geographical area.
- Identifies problem areas, and evaluates and appraises environment for clients who are experiencing loss problems.
- Interfaces with other Company departments regarding occupational health and safety issues that arise with client companies and with outside parties such as WC claims adjusters and insurance company loss control personnel.
- Manages allocated budget for assigned client base.
LICENSES / CERTIFICATIONS
- High School Degree is required. Bachelor's Degree is highly preferred.
- Ten years of experience in safety services in a similar position with an insurance company and/or a major corporation with an emphasis on workers' compensation is required.
KNOWLEDGE / SKILLS
- Certified Safety Professional (CSP) or other safety-related, accredited certification is highly desirable and preferred.
- Valid driver's license in State of residence with no more than two major violations and one chargeable accident in the last three years is required.
- Principles, practices, and procedures relating to workers' compensation including local and national experience; principles, practices, and procedures of safety programs including implementation, maintenance, review, and updating programs; principles, practices, and procedures of general business insurance.
- Knowledge of OSHA compliance standards and rules including noise, air quality, testing and chemical handling.
- Ability to analyze and evaluate safety procedures of various industries and business firms to identify specific safety problem areas.
- Ability to independently manage assignments to meet high standards for timeliness, quality consulting, and production.
- Proficient in MS Windows software and laptop use.
- Communicates clearly and concisely, both verbally and in writing, and maintains effective work relations with those encountered in the course of employment.
Up to 50% of time
Offering unrivaled benefits starting day one!
- Competitive Compensation Package
- Generous paid time off (19 days!) for personal, vacation and sick days
- 8 Paid holidays
- Four hours/month paid volunteer time off
- Employee stock purchase plan
- 401(k) plan
- And much more!