||The .NET Developer is responsible for gathering business requirements, analysis, implementation and managing applications.
Establish and support software development methodology and guidelines.
Work with other team members to coordinate product development.
The position will be responsible for developing, testing and maintaining web based and/or packaged applications in a rapid development environment.
The position will also require systems analysis techniques and user interaction skills through the process of creating detailed specifications, coding, testing, debugging, documenting and maintaining various custom and packaged applications.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Adherence to the department’s standard Project Methodology in all technology initiatives
develop project technology strategy by understanding key client objectives; diagnosing and mapping client requirements; articulating solution risks and barriers; recommending project approaches; preparing time and cost estimates; planning full project life cycle.
- Design and document system architecture including Out Of the Box (OOTB) and custom components.
- Guide developers and administrators to implement the target architecture by building components and custom designs, prototyping the system, and conducting any required data migration while maintaining technical integrity and consistency.
- Make modifications to the application system software and/or hardware
- Write specific application programs utilizing various languages to include: C#.NET, VB.NET, Ad hoc query tools and report writers, SQL, etc.
- Integrate existing database systems with new applications to centralize data stores, facilitate flow, and focus on system efficiencies/maintenance of data authority boundaries
- Establish/implement software quality assurance testing procedures
- Ability to demonstrate strong team interaction, time management, consulting and communication (verbal and written) skills, ability to multi-task with minimum supervision
- Participate in system projects as a team member and/or team leader
- Make modifications to the application system software and/or hardware.
- Develop solutions and provides support for browser-specific compatibility issues
- Recognize system deficiencies and propose alternative architectures and solutions
- Create and maintain quality written documentation of systems
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- Strong experience in .NET Framework 4.0/3.5, MVC3 / Razor, ASP.NET, C#, VB.NET, ADO.NET and WinForms is required.
- Solid understanding of object-oriented programming (OOP) and application development best practices.
- Strong experience in developing multi-tier (User Interface, Business & Data Layers) applications.
- Strong experience in deploying, configuring and troubleshooting applications with IIS 7.5/7.0/6.0
- Advanced experience in MS SQL Server 2005/2008 (Transact-SQL and/or PL/SQL)
- Experience in Visual Studio 2010/2008 IDE is required.
- Hands-on experience in Crystal Reports and/or SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS).
- Experience in Team Foundation Server 2010/2008 is required.
- Work closely with business owners to identify business requirements, processes and build solutions to support process attainment.
- Ability to demonstrate strong team interaction, time management, verbal and written communication skills, ability to multi-task with minimum supervision.
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment with constantly changing demands.
- Demonstrated experience in defining business needs through structured analysis
Experience with WCF and/or web services (SOAP, XML, etc.) desirable
||3 - 4 years of strong experience in developing Web and Windows based application using .NET Framework 4.0/3.5, C#, VB.NET, WINFORMS, ASP.NET, HTML, CSS, AJAX, JS and JQuery is required.
1 - 2 years of experience working with databases: MS SQL Server 2005/2008.
Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in computer science, or equivalent job experience.