Option 1: Create a New Profile
Business Applications Support Analyst
- Job Title
- Business Applications Support Analyst
- Job ID
- Kingwood, TX 77339
- Other Location
There’s a reason Insperity ranks No. 1 on Houston Business Journal’s list of Best Places to Work.
Want to work for us and find out why?
As a trusted advisor to America’s best businesses for more than 25 years, Insperity provides an array of human resource and business solutions designed to help improve business performance. In addition, we provide the client company and their worksite employees with a wide array of value-added benefits and services.
Insperity offers a competitive compensation package and one of the best benefits packages in the business, including 19 days paid time off, 8 paid holidays, medical, dental and vision benefits, 401k and tuition reimbursement. We work to maintain the best possible environment for our employees where people can learn and grow with the company. We strive to provide a collaborative, creative environment where each person feels encouraged to contribute to our processes, decisions, planning and culture.
At Insperity, our work environment and our commitment to our employees’ personal and professional success are the reasons we’ve been regarded as one of the “Best Places to Work” for 10 years running.
APPLICATIONS SUPPORT ANALYST - SQL
Provides problem resolution and issue management for supported applications in the Business Applications domain.
Under general supervision and moderate decision-making:
- Provides problem resolution and issue management for supported applications in the Business Applications domain.
- Maintains a high level of customer trust and confidence in the group’s knowledge of and concern for customer’s needs.
- Proactively stays involved in the resolution of issues as it applies to the Business Application domain, including communicating updates on the issue to the customer as well as ensuring that they understand the resolution.
- Tracks process to ensure that unresolved tickets are escalated to appropriate individual based on established guidelines and procedures.
- Investigates issues to help determine core problem; this includes data analysis, source code analysis, business process analysis, any other contributing factors such as user habit, etc.
- Acquires and maintains current knowledge of relevant supported applications.
- Collaborates with team members to share knowledge regarding reoccurring problems and corrective measures.
- Escalates and communicates issues that prevent core business to function.
- Takes the lead role in data correction / manipulation when required to support business utilization of application;
- Responsible for understanding impact of requests, capable of evaluating the appropriateness and determining proper course of action.
- Individual must be flexible with shift schedules.
- Participates in the development of team documentation as well as maintain the documentation used by the group.
- Assists development team in detailed research as time allows.
- Adheres to defined standards.
- Participates in the Disaster Recovery plan as required.
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field (or equivalent work experience) is required.
- Experience with SQL Scripting
- Customer Service Experience
KNOWLEDGE / SKILLS
- Communicates tactfully and effectively, verbally and in writing, and maintains positive and effective work relations with those encountered in the course of employment.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks/issues while providing thorough, understandable resolutions and excellent customer service to end-users.
- Has a customer service attitude.
- Exhibits strong teamwork skills.
- Exhibits a sense of urgency when dealing with break fix issues that directly impact end user utilization.
- Is able to manage problem-solving activity in an efficient and effective manner.
- Exhibits a commitment to the utilization and enforcement of defined standards and process.
- Comprehensive knowledge and understanding of computer systems, hardware, and software operations and principles.
- Perferred skills include PowerBuilder, Informix 4GL, Informix DBMS, MS SQL Server, .NET Framework including ASP.NET, VB.NET, HTML, XML, XSLT, IIS and NT/Windows 2000, UML design
Up to 5% of time
Offering unrivaled benefits starting day one!
- Competitive Compensation Package
- Generous paid time off (19 days!) for personal, vacation and sick days
- 8 Paid holidays
- Four hours/month paid volunteer time off
- Employee stock purchase plan
- 401(k) plan
- And much more!