The job you're applying for is not longer accepting applications; please search our other great opportunities!
Benefits Compliance/Nondiscrimination Testing Analyst
- Job Title
- Benefits Compliance/Nondiscrimination Testing Analyst
- Job ID
- Kingwood, TX 77339
- Other Location
There’s a reason Insperity ranks No. 1 on Houston Business Journal’s list of Best Places to Work.As a trusted advisor to America’s best businesses for more than 25 years, Insperity provides an array of human resource and business solutions designed to help improve business performance. In addition, we provide the client company and their worksite employees with a wide array of value-added benefits and services.
Want to work for us and find out why?
Insperity offers a competitive compensation package and one of the best benefits packages in the business, including 19 days paid time off, 8 paid holidays, medical, dental and vision benefits, 401k and tuition reimbursement. We work to maintain the best possible environment for our employees where people can learn and grow with the company. We strive to provide a collaborative, creative environment where each person feels encouraged to contribute to our processes, decisions, planning and culture.
At Insperity, our work environment and our commitment to our employees’ personal and professional success are the reasons we’ve been regarded as one of the “Best Places to Work” for 10 years running.Benefits Compliance/Nondiscrimination Testing AnalystThe Benefits Compliance/Nondiscrimination Testing Analyst is a key member of the Compliance Team within Retirement Services and is responsible for reviewing client company ownership and organization structure for purposes of controlled group determination, performing non-discrimination testing, closely analyzing information submitted by clients for both the cafeteria plan and the 401(k) plan, identifying methods to improve test results and ensuring compliance with Internal Revenue Code. This position also allows for heavy client contact over email and telephone to inquire and/or answer questions with clients relative to understanding their ownership and organization structure. Communication with a client’s tax advisor our counsel is also common.
This is the perfect opportunity for someone in the retirement services industry to learn nondiscrimination testing on other tax-advantaged benefit plans such as cafeteria (Section 125), flexible spending account and health savings account plans.
Other prioritized essential functions include:
- Analyze the nondiscrimination testing information and discussing with client owners complicated sections of the Internal Revenue Code (i.e. Controlled Groups, Affiliated Service Groups, and Management Service Organizations, stock options/grants, ownership structure and indicative data used for non-discrimination testing) under a myriad of client specific circumstances
- Ensure that client annual non-discrimination cafeteria plan testing processes are accurate and compliant with applicable IRC and ERISA.
- Consult and resolve technical controlled group and escalated Section 125 issues by researching Internal Revenue Code, Treasury Regulations, private letter rulings and other technical papers
- Advise and educate internal employees and external clients on cafeteria plan eligibility and reduce the probability of testing failure
- Research and advise on methodologies to streamline the online testing questionnaire and troubleshooting for problem resolution.
- Undergraduate degree in related field or 5+ years related business experience is preferred.
- One or more relevant professional designations preferred (Certified Cafeteria Plan Administrator, CPC, QPA, QKA, CEBS)
- Ability to define problems, collect data, analyze facts, develop solutions and present logical, documented conclusions
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret business periodicals, professional journals, financial reports, legal documents and technical legislation including, but not limited to, the Internal Revenue Code, Treasury and Department of Labor Regulations.
- Strong Microsoft Excel and Access skills a strong plus!
- Proven customer service experience dealing with internal and external customers regarding complex and difficult issues.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills (must have the ability to communicate complex issues in an understandable format)
- Strong computer skills required.
- Keen attention to detail
- Flexibility, adaptability and ability to multi-task.
- Strong Microsoft Office skills, primarily Excel and Access
Up to 5% of time
Offering unrivaled benefits starting day one!
- Competitive Compensation Package
- Generous paid time off (19 days!) for personal, vacation and sick days
- 8 Paid holidays
- Four hours/month paid volunteer time off
- Employee stock purchase plan
- 401(k) plan
- And much more!