||med fusion is carving a unique niche in healthcare in the DFW Metroplex. med fusion has created a new, patient-centric support model for medicine, integrating advanced laboratory services and clinical trials services to support both healthcare providers and biotech/pharmaceutical companies. This holistic approach facilitates more effective and efficient patient care, greater access to integrated information and technology and increases collaboration for clinicians. In short, med fusion focuses on optimized allocation of resources for healthcare institutions.
Headquartered in Lewisville, Texas, med fusion includes a 130,000 square foot clinical laboratory (projected to expand to 500,000 square feet) and a dedicated test development and validation team to quickly meet the needs of clients. med fusion currently has over 300 employees and is growing rapidly. For more information on med fusion, please visit www.medfusionservices.com.
Cytogenetic Technologist - PRN
Cytogenetic technologists prepare and evaluate cytogenetic specimens from various organs and organ systems, including peripheral blood, bone marrow, and amniotic fluid specimens. The cytogenetic technologist’s job involves using routine and special laboratory procedures to prepare specimens and obtain chromosomes for microscopic evaluation, and independent interpretation of these specimens. The technologists are expected to perform at the routine level as described below, but also to become familiar with more advanced cytogenetic technology with supervisory guidance. A flexible schedule is a must to fill in for 1st, 2nd or 3rd shifts.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS include but are not limited to the following:
- Prepare specimens using standardized cytogenetic culture, harvest and slide-making procedures, and using routine G-band chromosome staining; may require procedural adjustments or cultural manipulation to obtain optimal material for evaluation.
- Meticulously screen and image cytogenetic specimens using a computer-assisted microscope imaging system, count chromosomes and describe any abnormalities of chromosomes encountered in the course of the study, making distinctions and judgments based on knowledge and understanding of chromosome structure and cell-cycle kinetics. Use of proper ISCN nomenclature is required.
- Prepare computer generated images of chromosomes in a manner that enables close scrutiny of any potential abnormalities.
- Prepare and scan appropriate fluorescent in-situ hybridization (FISH) protocol based on referral diagnosis utilizing proper probe(s) and utilize appropriate detection method for optimal visualization of fluorescent signal(s).
- Maintain accurate accession records of specimens.
- Maintain laboratory equipment in satisfactory working order and keep maintenance records of their acceptable performance.
- Prepare culture media, chemicals, reagents and solutions using approved procedures.
- Perform and document proficiency tests as required.
- Monitor supplies, inventory, and ordering to ensure adequate supply.
- Maintain awareness and keep abreast of new developments and/or changes in policies and procedures. Read written and electronic communications, postings and protocols.
- Attend departmental meetings as required; read and initial meeting minutes if attendance is not possible.
- Troubleshoot instrument and/or procedure failures.
- Comply with health and safety policies, procedures, and practices.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in Medical Technology, Biology, Chemistry, Molecular Biology or related field.
- 1 year full-time experience in a licensed cytogenetics laboratory or completion of a one-year accredited baccalaureate or post-baccalaureate cytogenetics training program
- ASCP certification in Cytogenetics
- Basic computer skills including experience with Laboratory Information Systems and Microsoft Office products are required.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule Monday through Sunday 1st, 2nd and/or 3rd Shifts.
In return for your hard work and dedication, we offer a competitive salary, excellent benefits and a positive working environment!