The work of a Service Advocate IV is subject, wholly or in part, to practices and procedures, and/or general work instructions and/or supervision of progress and results. These jobs contain a greater variety of tasks and duties and on a daily basis incumbents clearly understand what results are expected by the supervisor. Incumbents are not permitted to deviate from standard practices and procedures, but may be permitted to set their own priorities, subject to supervisory approval. Incumbents perform moderately complex duties within established guidelines and may coordinate processes.
Representative duties include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Establishes and maintains individual or group enrollment according to Company policies and procedures and ensures compliance with applicable laws and group contracts.
• Invoices and reconciles premium income to enrollment in a timely manner to minimize financial risk and to ensure department and corporate goals are met.
• Serves as a contact for internal and external customers to resolve consumer or group enrollment, membership and billing issues. May provide guidance or expertise to less experienced Service Advocates. Serve as a contact for external customers to resolve enrollment, membership and billing issues. Provide a customer friendly service experience for customers with questions or issues related to enrollment and payments in Med Adv Market
• Respond to telephone and written inquiries and initiate telephonic follow-up when appropriate
• Process numerous financial and enrollment exceptions
• Establish and maintain enrollment and billing in a timely manner to minimize financial risk and to ensure department and corporate goals are met
• Functions include resolving critical inquiries and ensuring quality management of processes is in place
Business Specific Criteria
- Competencies, skills, education level, years of experience, etc.
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Experience defined as customer service
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Must be confident interacting with people and have the ability to be persuasive Spanish speaking preferred
High School diploma or equivalent experience.
2 or more years’ directly related work experience.
Shift hours are from 12:00 p.m. – 9:00 p.m.