Provides Benefits support to all employees (primarily active and retired management employees). Responds to inbound contacts (e.g. calls, faxes and emails) to facilitate resolution of health and welfare, questions and concerns.
- Support the Compensation & Benefits Department, by answering inbound calls from employees regarding active and retiree health and welfare benefits. . Search solutions and attempt to resolve cases on first contact.
- Resolve or successfully route self service cases, emails, and faxes with required information to the appropriate group for research. Search solutions and attempt to resolve cases on first contact.
- Retrieve, log, and create cases from voice mail.
- Participate in special projects.
- Maintain productivity and quality standards.
- Miscellaneous activities and responsibilities as assigned by manager.
- High School diploma/GED required
- 2 or more years of Benefits experience required
- 1 or more years of Customer Service Call Center experience required
- Associates or higher degree required from an accredited institution
- 1 or more years of group health & welfare benefits experience required
- Knowledge and Skills:
- Working knowledge of personal computers and ability to navigate through software applications
- Working knowledge of group medical, dental, prescription drug, and life insurance benefits
- Demonstrate verbal communication skills and ability to convey information clearly and effectively
- Ability to identify problem issues and determine the appropriate course of action/redirection within the department guidelines
- Ability to manage multiple tasks with frequent interruptions
- Ability to maintain confidentiality in all aspects of job
- Ability to remain professional and to diffuse irate callers
- Customer service orientation
- Knowledge of customer service principles and practices
- General PeopleSoft knowledge