- Responsible for developing and executing formal test plans to ensure the delivery of quality software applications.
- Involved in test planning, writing test cases/scripts, creating reusable test data, test case automation, and test execution.
- Defines and tracks quality assurance metrics such as defects, defect counts, test results and test status.
- Collects and analyzes data for software process evaluation and improvements, and integrates them into business processes to address the business needs.
- Documents all problems and assist in their resolution.
- Creates quality process training materials, and delivers quality process training to technical staff.
- Acts as an internal quality consultant to advise or influence business or technical partners.
- Performs quality audits across the various IT functions to ensure quality standards, procedures and methodologies are being followed.
- Advanced professional level role. Works on projects of high complexity that require expertise in one or more technical environments and specific business area(s). Works on multiple programs/systems as a project team member and occasionally as a project lead. Considered a subject matter expert for one or more program systems. May coach and/or mentor more junior technical staff.
- 5 or more years of systems development, testing and/or business experience.
- Has experience using query languages (e.g., SQL) to view data to verify test results and ensure that appropriate data conditions exist.
- Bachelors or Masters Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or other related discipline. Or equivalent work experience.