| Summarize briefly the major function and purpose of the position. |
This position is an Engineering role within the Subsea Services North America organization in support of the Rental Tools and Spares Services (RTSS) team. This individual will be accountable to the RTSS Engineering Manager for activities related to the maintenance of FMC owned equipment utilized in the rental business.
The Maintenance Management Engineer is responsible for the development, implementation, and the continuous improvement of maintenance plans for FMC owned rental tools. In addition, this Engineer will also be responsible for providing maintenance reports to the RTSS Management Team.
The individual will be expected to demonstrate and practice leadership behaviors in support of all FMC Subsea Services initiatives. The individual will not have direct reports but will be expected to promote FMC’s core values and the desired traits of a customer-focused service organization.
This position requires daily interaction with the Shop Technicians, Planners, Production Control, and Engineering.
| What are the minimum qualifications an employee must have in order to perform the duties of the position? (I.e. educational requirements, licenses, certification, work experience, training etc.) |
Engineering Level Guide:
- Bachelor’s of Science Degree in Engineering.
- Generally three years experience applying working principles within assigned technical field.
- Industry knowledge is preferred, specifically, knowledge of subsea drilling and production hardware, tools and equipment.
- Ability to train others in the application of engineering practices as related to area of specialty/product, including code and criteria requirements.
- Understands components of department or project priorities related to the work being performed.
- Fully competent in shop/lab assembly and testing.
- Exhibits working knowledge of field installation.
- Design engineering plans and review the work of others evaluating the effectiveness, safety, and economic impact of designs and developing recommendations to optimize results, as needed. Beginning to approve design of others. Have a mastery of product interfaces and gaining mastery of system interfaces.
- Ability to understand implication of variations in customer, code, or contract compliance. Consults and helps others to recognize when to consult with other departmental functions.
- Performs functions as a process owner. Actively starts to recommend improvements. Actively works with the supplier and customer requirements.
- Fully competent within functional area, acting as one of the key resources regarding area of responsibility.
- Strong computer proficiency with applicable software applications in related field.
- Advanced analytical and problem solving.
- Utilizes prevention skills.
- Accuracy and attention to detail critical.
- Ability to establish deadlines and manage priorities for self and others is critical.
- Make recommendations related to requirement changes. Gaining an understanding of the impact on other projects.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in English are critical.
- Ability to work in a team-oriented environment is critical.
- Ability to give and receive constructive feedback/coaching and to respond appropriately.
- Proficiently communicate ideas and concepts, developing the ability to persuade and influence others as needed.
- Prepare and deliver presentations.
- Understanding and communication within diverse cultural environments is critical.
- Generally characterized as an “Independent Contributor” with ability to discover issues and recommend solutions to business problems uncovered during the course of performing assignments.
- Able to work independently on the more varied and complex tasks and provide functional leadership without direct supervision as needed.
- Ensures cooperation and interaction across diverse stakeholders, both internal and external to the organization.
- Recognizes when to consult other departmental functions.
- Advanced analytical and problem solving expertise. Individual must demonstrate ability to develop and implement preventative courses of action.
- Implements changes to functional and/or departmental processes to increase efficiency and productivity.
- Ability to discover issues, recommend solutions, and implement corrections to business problems uncovered during course of performing assignments.
- Customer-centric approach to business.
- Extensive SAP experience, specifically with the Maintenance Management, Service Notification, and Quality Notification Modules preferred.
- Demonstrates strong leadership traits, specifically related to workforce development, establishing goals and objectives, establishing clear requirements, and continuous improvement.
- Demonstrates a commitment to workplace safety and HSE policies. Identifies exposure of departmental employees to job-specific safety concerns.
- Demonstrates a commitment to prevention rather than appraisal of non-conforming conditions, activities or behavior related to maintenance of equipment.
| What training will an employee need to perform the duties of the position? |
FMC Product Training, SUBSEA 101, FMC Systems Training (SAP, IMAN), MS Office software training, negotiation skills, Insights training for personal effectiveness, PDD Training, Houston Operating Procedures, START Program, and any other required training as outlined in the Engineering Training Assessment Plan.
| Indicate positions that report directly to this position. Number of direct / indirect reports. |
This position does not have any direct reports.
Indicate internal/external contacts and purpose of contacts.
The Maintenance Management Engineer will interact with FMC Shop Personnel, Project Managers, Planners, and Engineers on a daily basis. This role should not have any direct interaction with Customers but may have interaction with other external contacts such as vendors or suppliers.
SCOPE OF RESPONSIBILITIES / ACCOUNTABILITY:
| Indicate budget/revenue responsibility. |
No budget responsibility at this level.
Explain the degree of supervision/guidance, procedures/ processes used, judgment, creativity, planning & resourcefulness needed to do the job.
Demonstrates solid understanding of policies & procedures that apply to assignments.
Operates within local organization and accomplishes work with limited consultation.
Receives minimal guidance on process & timing.
Uses independent judgment in determining how to approach / solve problems.
How are errors detected and what are the possible impact of those errors?
Errors will be detected by closed order variance reporting and field non-conformances. Errors could result in increased costs or equipment failures offshore. Preventative measures initiated by the individual will serve to limit financial exposure and risk.
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
| The work environment and physical demands described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. |
| WORK ENVIRONMENT: Describe general working conditions (i.e. noise level, temperature, around heavy machinery) |
Office environment with frequent trips to the shop, storage facilities or other offices on the FMC Houston campuses. Some exposure to possible shop hazards including high noise, heavy machinery and shop traffic.
| PHYSICAL DEMANDS: Describe amount & frequency of physical requirements of the position (i.e. lifting, pushing, climbing) |
Spends 50% of time sitting and operating a computer or workstation. Spends 50% of time lifting, pushing, and walking. Some climbing.
MAJOR ACCOUNTABILITY AREAS:
Identify the major duties and tasks accomplished by this position. For each duty, identify if it is an E - essential function or N - nonessential function of the job.
| E/N || Duties and Responsibilities |
| E || Establishes and promotes strong HSE culture at FMC. Enforces corporate HSE policies with focus on informing direct and indirect reports about specific risks and hazards related to their daily tasks. Utilizes START audits, JSA’s, safety moments, toolbox talks, and routine communication of safety information to promote HSE awareness. |
| E || Leads in the development of the maintenance plans for all FMC owned equipment in SAP. |
| E || Works closely with workshop resources to evaluate the effectiveness and accuracy of routings and adjusts routings to maximize efficiency and minimize cost. |
| E || Develops and communicates relevant reporting around required maintenance activities to ensure maintenance is performed in a timely manner. |
| E || Develops and communicates relevant performance metrics to measure effectiveness of maintenance program. |
| E || Masters all relevant SAP transactions associated with the maintenance management, SN, and QN systems. |
| E || Identifies systemic issues and works to resolve cross-functional concerns through collaboration with internal stakeholders. |
| E || Represents Aftermarket North America in a positive manner in events with stakeholders within FMC. |
| E || Models a service-oriented business approach. |
| E || Uses the CAD/CAM and database systems and facilities to make layouts, analyze designs, evaluate equipment systems and generate new equipment designs. |
| E || Prepares and approves documentation, information and communications such as ECN (Engineering Change Notices), DBI (Data Base Information) and engineering specifications and ensures conformance to all policies and procedures related to engineering functions, labor reporting and systems reporting. |
| E || Conducts analysis, ensures that designs are workable, makes recommendations and develops alternative solutions with conclusions reviewed by higher levels. |
| E || Consults with other departments on equipment designs, problems and questions. |
| E || Assists and checks the work of drafters, designers and less experienced engineers. Helps prepare project plans, schedules, budgets and status reports. |
| E || Leads in product and process standardization projects. |
| E || Supports the other departments within FMC in regards to equipment preservation and storage. |
| E || Coordinates SNs/QNs for the RTSS Engineering Team. Monitors metrics about the SN/QN process and provides support to the RTSS Engineering Team to ensure that the applicable objectives are met. |
| E || Provides general support to the FMC Engineering teams when deemed appropriate by the RTSS Engineering Manager. |
| N || Attends appropriate industry related professional society meetings and functions in order to stay informed of and make good use of new technology, products and personal development opportunities. |
This job description is a general description of essential job functions. It is not intended as an employment contract, nor is it intended to describe all duties someone in this position may perform. All employees of FMC Technologies, Inc. are expected to perform tasks as assigned by supervisory personnel, regardless of job title or routine job duties.