SUMMARYThis position will require a variety of coordination and communication of duties between other marketing team members, sales, engineering, implementation/operations and customers. Must possess the ability to work with multiple departments under pressure and meet short deadlines. Requires good communication skills (written and verbal) and the ability to create, follow, and explain written procedures. Requires travel from time to time to perform training and support sales as required.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Supports marketing initiatives, including but not limited to: proposal support, competitive database development, MPSA process and procedure development, market research, forecasting and market pricing;
- Provides proposal support for Service Sales Managers, product line managers and other members of the sales and marketing team to create winning proposals with complex offerings, as required;
- Develops the pricing Performa and coordinates (GOA) approval meetings with appropriate MPSA management;
- Cooperatively leads, with management, processes and procedure developments for the sales and marketing group: GOA process, signature authority process, sales process, etc;
- Develops and maintains the competitive database for the PGS product lines;
- Assists in the development/improvement of market pricing database;
- Performs market research to support company objectives as required;
- Supports organization in preparing financial forecasts, product forecasts and outage forecasts;
- Works with Gas Turbine engineering to develop the marketing strategy for GT ProdMods and Upgrades;
- Supports organization to develop and/or prepare for presentations, meetings, customer visits, and shop tours as required;
- Leads internal/external communication efforts for effective positioning of the organization;
- Continually evaluates the timely adjustment of communication strategies and plans to meet changing company, market and competitive conditions;
- Assists in maintaining customer communications and database;
- Assists in the development of company collateral and selected corporate image materials;
- Creates press releases and edit technical articles for trade magazines, conferences and associations;
- Manages special assignments;
- Composes inside and outside correspondence and other communications;
- Compiles and prepares periodic reports on activities related to marketing, sales, operations and other PGS product lines;
- Produces sales and marketing reports and provides necessary follow up to assure information provided to management is accurate;
- Works with financial departments to assure corporate policies regarding sales and marketing are protected and applieds
- Perform such other duties as may be required from time to time.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & EDUCATION
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Education and/or Experience: This position requires a Bachelors degree (Business or Science) or equivalent four-year college or technical school; or five years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Language Skills: Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write basic business correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
- Reasoning Ability: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Computer Skills: To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Internet software; Spreadsheet software, PowerPoint and Word Processing software.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS & WORK ENVIRONMENT
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Regularly required to sit and talk or hear. Frequently required to stand and walk. Occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet. Hearing protection may be recommended and/or required in some areas.